Family and Wedding China

10:41 AM

Hi everyone! I know it's been forever since we posted anything! Things have been so busy between me starting to work full time and Brandon starting classes back!


We had a wonderful time this past weekend with my mom's side of the family. Grandpa and Flis were here for their usual stop on the way to Florida and we got to celebrate Grandpa's 80th birthday! We're a pretty big group when you get us all together! 19 in all!

We went to Maggiano's on Saturday night and got to be in a private room! Then on Sunday we went to my aunt and uncle's house in Hillsborough for lunch.

Our grandpa is an awesome guy. You can google him. He's that cool. The boys all love him because he's their fashion icon. My brother made sure I noticed during dinner that he had on Sperry's (that are about 35 years old). He has two staples in his wardrobe that everyone he's ever met knows about. His Nantucket reds and his mustard yellow cords. Both of which are older than any of the grandchildren.





Before all of the family festivities started, Brandon and I went back to Quintessentials to look at China and it was more than a little overwhelming. We also got to Southpoint a little early and looked at Pottery Barn and Williams Sonoma; where my brother helped tell us what cooking supplies we would need (he's a cooking connoisseur).

This is the china that we're leaning towards as of right now. We really liked that it was different than anyone else's and it has a bit of color. I like the traditional china at Belk and Macy's, but I just love how unique this is. It doesn't come as a place setting because we put a different dinner plate with the rest of the set. The dinner plate designated with this collection is the same pattern as the accent/salad plate (middle) and we thought that was just a bit too busy.

We also learned that Brandon and I have completely different stances on china. I plan on having one wedding china and maybe one other, for Christmas, but he thinks that you can have numerous different china patterns over the years and it doesn't really matter. So I guess I'm a traditionalist in some ways and he's a traditionalist in just about every other way.

What do y'all think about this china? Below is a picture of the traditional place setting. The dinner plate and the accent plate both have the floral star shown on the bread and butter plate. I think I like the plain white plate with the gold rim best when looking at the entire place setting.




I thought with it being a less traditional style and brand, Bernardaud, that is would be more difficult to register for than a more well-known brand like Lenox, but I was surprised to find that that isn't the case. They actually have it on the Macy's website and you can also get it through the Williams-Sonoma Home website. I didn't even know this existed until I was googling the china pattern's name. I'm also scared that I might get tired of it in the next 50-1,000 years.

Who knew picking out our china might be a more difficult task than finding the dress?

P.S. I should have lots to blog about soon because we're meeting with Wendy at the State Club on Friday, only have 2 bridesmaids and 1 groomsman left to ask and mom and I are going dress shopping a week from Saturday! :)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. i love the red star china for Christmas! it's perfect :) hope your grandpa had a great birthday <3 LOTS to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Follow Us