Decisions, Decisions!

11:20 AM

We made lots of progress and some big decisions this weekend!

We met with Wendy at The State Club and are so excited! We officially have a reception venue! She's going to be great to work with and is pretty much letting us do whatever we want!

I also decided that I'm going to be traditional and make my last name my middle name. The more and more I thought about it, I decided that I wanted to keep that piece of my Papa with me. He passed away in the Fall of 2006 and I miss him so much every day and having that part of him with me always will just make me feel closer to him. He probably changed as many of my diapers as my mom did because whenever I was sick before my brother was born (which was a lot), he would take care of me! Such a good grandpa! So now I'll just have to replace some of the stuff that I got for Christmas because mom went a little monogram crazy. :) We love a good monogrammed item!

The other thing we decided on this weekend was more of a decision to not make a decision. After taking mom to Quintessentials on Saturday, I decided that I was already tired of the formal china we were considering and I just kept getting overwhelmed by all the options and combinations. So whenever we find the time to go register (which might be 4 months from now with how busy we've been), we're just going to get an everyday pattern that we both LOVE and just wait on picking out a formal china. I actually think the everyday would look great as a formal china if we needed too, and just dress it up with a fun charger.


Another nice thing about this china is that it's microwave and dishwasher safe. And one of the girls at Quintessentials said she got this as her everyday china when she got married 3 years ago and it hasn't chipped once!

The picture actually shows the everyday flatware that we both really like too. The flatware shown is sterling plated and we're hoping it's available in the stainless, just to make it a little less pricey.

Hopefully this weekend will bring more decisions and clarity! I can't wait to go try on dresses!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Follow Us