Will it matter when you're 80?

11:46 AM

This was the title to a post on the Southern Weddings blog today and I'm smitten. What a great way to approach those little stressors in your life.

Wedding planning is clearly a stressful time, if you or anyone you know have been through it, then you know exactly what I mean. It's not just the thousands of decisions that you have to make, but all the people you feel the need to please while making these decisions...and then how you're going to pay for it all!

I think this question can obviously and should be applied to the rest of our lives too. There are some times when you're going to be mad and you can't help but be. Then there are those times that it might help to stop and think. Does this really matter? Am I going to remember this argument and think it was important when we're 80 or am I going to forget why we were fighting in an hour. Normally for me, I forget within the hour, we move on and it's over. So was it really worth the stress and effort to get mad about it? Probably not.

It makes me happy to know that when we're 80, Brandon and I will be celebrating our 56th wedding anniversary and we'll have lived a whole lot of life in between those years (hopefully full of love, laughter and lots of babies and grandbabies!) My paternal grandparents were married for over 50 years before my papa passed away and I hope that our marriage will be as strong as theirs was.

I think old people are just the cutest. I think Brandon thinks I'm insane because I always want to be their friends. How can you not be drawn to people that are obviously still so in love after all those years? There was always this couple who came to Sedgefield for brunch on Sunday's and they were always holding hands and he always pulled her chair out for her. It was always a great way to start the week!






photos via


Tomorrow is FINALLY the day that Brandon graduates from law school and I know this will definitely be a day and moment that matters when we're 80.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. So sweet. I totally agree!

    Have a wonderful day tomorrow! Congrats Brandon!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Follow Us