First Look: Location

9:52 AM

We're starting to get all our ducks in a row with what we want for our wedding day and I think our vision is coming together better than I could have ever dreamed.
If you like to picture your wedding as much as I do, then it helps to know the locations that the events are taking place. It also helps that I at least know what Brandon and I both will be wearing (sorry B, you'll have to wait until June 30th for that). We had all of our locations secured, except for one...our first look.

If I've talked to you about our first look, you'll remember what a big deal it is to me. Brandon and I are both very traditional and I think that says a lot for Kellie's photography that she was able to persuade us with pictures. I always thought the moment Brandon would see me in my wedding dress for the first time would be walking down the aisle. Now it'll be even better. I'll see his face, he'll see mine. We can hug, kiss, laugh, cry and it will all be caught on camera, but we'll be the only two people around. I can't wait for that moment.

My new favorite of Kellie's - Chris and Anna's wedding
So the moment I was sure of, the location, I had no idea. I knew I wanted it to be somewhere with pretty grass and lots of trees, but didn't know how I felt about actually walking through the grass in my heels. It also needed to be relatively close to the church, which was somewhat of a challenge considering we're getting married downtown.

Leave it to me groom to come up with the perfect spot.


Not only do we both love politics, but we love our state even more. The capital grounds are beautiful with green lawns, gorgeous trees and even flowers beds placed sporadically. Brandon even briefly was vying to have our reception held on these grounds. The problem? I refuse to have guests use a port-a-potty at a wedding. Gross!The North Carolina Capital grounds is the perfect location for our first look.


So that's one more thing checked off our list...
And we also officially decided to have the rehearsal dinner at 18 Seaboard. Hopefully it'll be available!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Follow Us