Honeymoon

11:08 AM

It's Friday and as much as I enjoy the weekend, nothing beats a week away. Since I won't be having one of those until our honeymoon, it's always nice to dream. Besides, no matter how much you enjoy planning a wedding, I don't think anything will beat the honeymoon.
I know I'm going to be exhausted from all the excitement leading up to the wedding and then the actual wedding. It will be nice to get away and have some alone time with Brandon as husband and wife!

We've toyed with numerous ideas like Sea Island, Ga, Scotland and a tropical island. I think we're going to save Scotland for an anniversary trip. I really want to just go lay on a beach somewhere and relax. It'd be nice to have the option of hiking or kayaking or something outdoorsy, but not something we have to do. 

Since we'll be on our honeymoon over the 4th of July, my patriotic future husband has declared we will be going to the US Virgin Islands. Now we just have to choose which of the 3 islands we want to visit.
St. Thomas - St. John - St. Croix

St. John is the smallest of the 3 islands with a population of less than 5,000 people. With the privacy of a small population also comes the negatives. Like the fact that there isn't an airport that goes directly into St. John so you have to take a ferry out to the island. Luckily, they run pretty frequently so it's not too big of a hassle. I would love to stay on St. John. Especially at the beautiful Rosewood Resort on Caneel Bay.



St. Croix is the largest of the 3 islands, meaning it has much more variety and option when it comes to places to stay and things to do. The Renaissance at St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort & Spa would also be a wonderful place to spend our honeymoon at more reasonable rates. The perk of a larger island is that there are more hotels to allow for competition in pricing.


St. Thomas is the third island that makes up the USVI and has charm all it's own. With a population not much smaller than St. Croix, you're also given lots of choices when it comes to places to stay. They have your more familiar chain hotels from the more affordable Best Western's to a Ritz Carlton. I really don't think you could go wrong staying at any of these resorts.

Which island would you stay at if you had to choose? I honestly don't know right now, they all look amazing!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Tough call, that first hotel looks amazing though! I wish I were on a beach right now... :)

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Follow Us