My Skincare Routine

1:54 PM

I've seen this on a couple of different blogs and I wanted to share my routine because ever since I started it about 8 months ago, my skin looks better than ever!

Back in January, I was introduced to Julie at Beauty Ethics. Before that, I didn't really have a skincare routine. Julie uses Paula's Choice, but doesn't pressure you to use all of her products. She also directed me to the Beautypedia website, where you can look up reviews of almost any skincare product to see whether it really does what it claims to do. You're getting an education on your skincare products instead of a marketing pitch. I saw that most of my skincare products and even my makeup weren't doing what they said they were. It's also nice because Paula also indicates if something is overpriced for what it is and whether or not the products are tested on animals. 

I go see Julie about once a month, sometimes a little more sporadically for a "peel" and an eyebrow shaping. I love how she does eyebrows because she actually leaves you with some...thicker is better in her book and I wholeheartedly agree. Her peels aren't the cruel chemical peels that require you to hide your face either. (See Samantha in Sex & The City) They are very reasonable at $45 a peel and leave your skin feeling wonderful and glowing. My mom, aunt and cousin all go see Julie now too!

My skin has completely changed for the better and I couldn't be happier! I of course still get the occasional blemish, but it's so much better than it was. 


Step 1: Normalizing Cleanser ($10.95) - I wash my face with this using tepid water. Using too hot or too cold water shocks your skin and causes redness. I also sometimes use a wet washcloth on. the dry spots.


Step 2: Make up Remover ($5.49) - I actually use the Neutrogena product for this step. It's technically eye make-up remover, but I use it all over my face to get rid of the excess make-up. It's great for my sensitive eyes and skin! I apply this with a small cotton pad.


Step 3: Targeted Acne Relief Toner ($18.95) - This is a great salicylic toner that isn't too strong for everyday use.


Step 4: Weekly Resurfacing Treatment ($28.95) - I use this every 3 days (only once a day). It's great for the extra kick to get rid of your extra dry skin that can clog pores.


Step 5: AHA gel ($18.95) - This is a more gentle AHA that I can use everyday to assist in removing dead skin cells and help with the turnover of new cells.


Step 6: Persa Gel - I need this extra bit of 10% Benzoyal Peroxide, especially during the times of the month when my skin is more oily than normal. If I'm having a dry spell, I just use it as a spot treatment. I actually use the Rite Aid brand of this because it's cheaper and works just as good! The Clean & Clear is $6.99 and I think the generic is $4.99. 


Step 7: 5% Benzoyal Peroxide ($17.95) - Great for all-over use, twice a day, every day. This never dries my skin out!


Step 8: Hydralight Moisture-Infusing Lotion ($19.95) - This is seriously the best feeling moisturizer I've ever used. Ever! It's amazing. 

I do this routine twice a day. It looks like a lot of steps, and it is, but it's second nature at this point and it only takes me about 10 minutes to do (even when I'm half asleep which is most nights). The price of all the products are extremely reasonable and they last for a really long time. Julie has monthly specials that are great deals and a lot of the time the Paula's Choice website offers discounts as well. Right now everything on the website is 15% off with some things being 20-50% off! Most of my products last for 2 months and some even longer. I've been using the same weekly treatment bottle (Step 4) since January! The only thing I replace monthly is the hydralight lotion. 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. you are so sweet!!!! thank you for the shoutout :) you made my day :) and for inviting me to pinterest, i JUST joined, too cool! so happy to know you have a blog, you are a great writer. your things to do list is now going to become mine, super helpful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Follow Us