Pinterest

9:21 AM

I was sent my invitation to Pinterest a few months ago and I am completely obsessed.
From what I've heard, it's very similar to tumblr. The main difference is that when you "pin" the things you're interested in (get it pin and interest put together?), it links back to the website where you originally found the image. It's been great for wedding planning especially, but that's where I am in my life. I've also been saving pictures for decorating inspiration for our house now and when we own our own home later on. It's really addicting, so you've been warned.

How it works: Someone send you an invitation and when you click on that link, you sent to the main set up page. I think you're also able to request an invite now. Recently, they've added a new thing to the sign up page, where you say you're interest and it suggests people for you to follow. I personally am not the biggest fan of this feature. I prefer to follow people that I know or have chosen to follow because I like their pins. Once you're all signed up, your main page shows you your recent pins along with the recent pins of the people you follow. There's also the option at the top to look at everyone's pin and even search from their categories or type in a specific. There's also a spot where you can access all of your specific boards and another where you can look at all your pins in one place. You can change the name of your boards, delete them or make new ones at any time. I love that I now have the ability to go back and look at some of my ideas and make sure I'm happy with the direction I'm going in. 

My Boards:

For the Home - Where I post inspiration pictures for future decorating (and pictures of dogs to remind Brandon that we need one).


Fitness - We could all use a little inspiration and who wouldn't want a body that looks like this? (slightly less tanned though) 


 Wedding - This one obviously is a given. I love having a place to collect ideas and being able to access them from any computer is extremely helpful!


 One Day - People can dream about their weddings when they aren't engaged, so I can dream about my future babies, right?!


 Entertaining - This is sort of a hodge podge of recipes and ideas for entertaining and tailgating


Fashion - I love getting new ideas from all of the pretty clothes on Pinterest! 


Holiday - I love seeing all how everyone decorates differently for the holidays, especially Christmas!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Follow Us