Time's Flying!

12:06 PM

I feel like this Fall is really flying by! We're going to have to get started on our DIY projects sooner rather than later so that we won't get stuck rushing through them at the last minute!

I know I've missed my OOTD post the last two Friday's. The first was because I was home with mom and didn't think y'all needed to see a picture of me unshowered and in gym clothes. 

Here's my outfit from this past Friday:
It was really hard to get a clear picture of my entire outfit. I probably should have taken my jacket off. I was more dressed up than usual because we had an amazing work event! (More on this below).



Dress: Target (from a couple of years ago - I love it!)
Jacket: JCrew Eden Blazer in (2 years ago) It's actually a little big, but I love the color and velvet!
Shoes: Kate Spade Karolina

We had a luncheon at Carolina Country Club and Robyn O'Brien came to talk to us. She wrote an amazing book about eating healthy and the importance of eating organic food...or as our grandparents called it, food. Her book talks about the correlation between the growth hormones and chemicals that we get from our food and the rise of cancer, ADHD, autism and other similar health issues. It really struck a cord with me when she said that only 1 out of every 10 cases of cancer are genetic. That means that the other 90% are from our environment. I'm in the process of reading her book right now and I highly recommend that y'all read it too! It's at least a great way to get a new perspective! 

I love that she has an 80-20 rule. Try to be good 80% of the time. No one's perfect and it's definitely not going to be easy making all the changes to become organic, it's about small steps. She also suggests that you do this with a friend so you don't feel so overwhelmed by all of it and not so alone.


Saturday was another fun tailgate with a much happier ending with a Wolfpack victory! I think this season would be going much differently if it wasn't for all the injuries we can't seem to get past. I'm really pleased with how Glennon is playing though. He does great when he airs the ball out. It's still funny to watch him run just because he's so tall and skinny. 

For this game I went pretty easy with the food. I made some trail mix - easiest snack ever. I literally just threw pretzel squares, Cheese Its, Fall M&Ms, peanuts and raisins into a containers and shook it all up. I also made some cornbread and it was so yummy! Brandon's mom gave us her cast iron skillet that used to be her mom's and I was so excited to get to use it! It's so old and perfectly worn in. I'm so honored that she passed this down to us! I made the Pioneer Woman's cornbread. Super easy and quick!

The weather was much better this week! I was happy to be hot instead of freezing like I was last week. I'm sure it'll be the last warm game of the season though. We're officially halfway through the season and I'm definitely ready to have these next three weeks off. Tailgating is hard work! We always have most of October off since the student lot is used for parking during the State Fair.



Here's the only picture I have from the week before's tailgate. I love that dress, but it was sooo cold by the time we got to halftime! I was a good Wolfpack fan and stayed for the entire game...which is a lot more than I can say for almost everyone else!


I'm really looking forward to doing more fall things other than watching football (even though we'll still be doing plenty of that). I can't wait to pick out our pumpkins and decorate a little more for Halloween and Fall around the house. 

Hopefully we'll have some more wedding related things to share soon!

As a side note...I'd like to wish my aunt and uncle a happy wedding anniversary!! Their anniversary was actually yesterday, and they've been married for 30 years now! I hope that Brandon and I can share the same love and blessings (like three beautiful children) that they've had. I love you Aunt Marcia and Uncle Vaughn! One of my favorite stories is how Uncle Vaughn's best man forgot to pick him up to take him to the church and he ended up borrowing a car from someone to make sure he got there on time! 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love your dress, the hounds-tooth is adorable! I love the idea of the 80-20 her book is now on my ever growing "to-read" list!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Follow Us