Another Catch Up

4:19 PM

Hey y'all! Sorry it's been so long since I've blogged! Things have gotten crazy around here and I'm just now having time to catch up.

State had two huge wins since I blogged last. I still can't believe we beat Clemson! That was incredible, and of course, it was the only game I missed all year. Mom and I spent the day together and were able to get some wedding stuff accomplished as well! This past Saturday, we all attended the Maryland game. I never leave a game early and luckily for me, this game was no exception to my rule. My boys definitely showed up for the 4th quarter and we came back to win 56-41 after being down 14-41 as we enter the 4th quarter. 


Now to rewind a little bit...
Wednesday, Brandon and I met with CE for our second consultation. Since our first meetings, I've developed a better vision of what I see for our wedding day and I'm thrilled with the direction we're headed in. The linens we had originally picked are gorgeous, but a little too much for the day Brandon and I want.

We are now going with a silver caprice on all of the guest tables. We'll have an accent of the silver embroidered taffeta on the cake and sweetheart table. Then (as of right now), we'll have a mint green bengaline on the cocktail tables with a bow that matches the silver caprice that guests will see in the tent. I might end up going with something a little more fun for the cocktail tables, but we'll see. I wish they had the coin fabric in a silver color. That would be so much fun!

Guest Tables

Cake and Sweetheart Tables


Cocktail Tables

On Wednesday, I also ordered our Save the Dates and Photoshare cards from Vistaprint. I can't wait to get them in the mail! They should be here on Wednesday and Thursday. It's going to be so exciting to send them out to everyone. I love the design and hope they printed as good as they looked on the computer!

After Wednesday, we didn't do any wedding planning. We just focused on spending quality time with out family and trying not to eat too much.

On Thursday, we went to Dale's family farm where we had lunch with his family. That was a lot of fun and really relaxing. I also got to see Dale's new boat which I hadn't gotten a chance to see yet. We're going to have so much fun going out on it next Spring and Summer!

After lunch, we headed to Cedar Grove to my Aunt's house. We always have a wonderful time there and there is never a shortage of food. I made a chocolate chess pie and it turned out amazing! It's so easy to make which is always a plus.


Friday we headed to Greensboro to spend the holiday with my dad's side of the family. It was great getting to see everyone and I finally got to meet my cousin's fiance! I always love to see what new tablescape my aunt has come up with for the holidays, and I was impressed as always with this one.


I loved our googly-eyed place card! My cousin's daughter, Halle helped my aunt make these. She did a great job!


Apparently a love for tree branches and mercury glass run in the family.

For this meal, I (meaning Brandon) made mac and cheese. It was like eating pimento cheese as a pasta dish. I thought it was delicious! I love that when my mom sent this recipe to me she made sure that I knew not to make and healthy substitutions for this one. It's definitely not a diet-friendly side dish.


Saturday was obviously devoted to the Wolfpack, so Sunday we spent the day relaxing and enjoying each other's company. I did drag Brandon to go see Breaking Dawn. I wanted to make sure that we waited for it to be out for long enough as to avoid all the screaming teenagers. Luckily, we did and it was really good! I always love a good matinee pricing as well.

I promise to be better about blogging! This past week and a half really just got away from me! I know that things won't slow down any with Christmas around the corner either. Then it'll be the year we get married! I can't believe it. We're so close to being under our 200 day countdown. The time is really going to fly and I need to buckle down and get things done!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Follow Us