Time to Get Fit

11:57 AM

I know the wedding is still 7 1/2 months away, but it's really not about the wedding even though I would like to be more toned for my dress. I don't consider myself fat or overweight by any means, but I'm definitely not in shape. Brandon and I were talking about doing a Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving (since we'll be eating 3 huge meals) and there is not way I would be able to run for even half of it. I joined the YMCA a few weeks ago and with it getting dark before I even leave work, I'm struggling to find the motivation.

Pinterst; like with everything else, has wonderful fitness motivators. Here are some of the things that really jumped out at me lately.

This is going to be my new mantra. I used to be a gym addict and felt so great all the time. Not just physically, but mentally as well.

This is what one pound of fat looks like. Gross.

 This is pure fitness. The flexibility and grace is absolutely beautiful.


I have a slight calf dysmorphia problem, but these are perfect. I love how strong they look without being too bulky.


Starting Sunday (because the beginning of a new week is the perfect time to start something new), it is going to be my goal to do some sort of physical activity every day until Christmas. Whether that's going on a walk around the neighborhood and putting in a good workout at the gym. I really just need to get myself into that routine. After that, I'll make sure I'm working out at least 4 times a week. I also like the idea of starting something now instead of on New Year's. I think that having weight loss or getting in shape as your New Year's Resolution is the kiss of death. It just never happens.

Do you have any great inspiration that keeps you motivated to stay in shape? What about songs that are a must on your workout playlist?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Follow Us