What a Weekend!

11:45 AM

It was a wonderful whirlwind of a weekend! I guess the majority of our teams losing last weekend was made up for by the fact that State beat Carolina for the fifth year in a row! Go Pack! Looks like that flagship sunk on Saturday!

Friday night I met Sarah, Meredith, and Angela for dinner at Sushi Iwa. It's one of my favorite sushi places and it's super close to Meredith's house. They have the best sushi and drink prices ever! They have BOGO sushi every night, even on take out orders! They also marked their alcohol prices way down and we all shared a bottle of champagne for $10 (total)!




After we ate, we headed over to Meredith's. I always love seeing the progress she's made in her decorating. Sarah had just gotten back from a conference in DC and she brought us cupcakes from Georgetown Cupcakes! They were delicious! We cut them into quarters so we could sample numerous flavors. 


Saturday was obviously a big day for us. It was also the longest day EVER. We woke up at 5:30 to get everything together and make it out to the tailgate lot at our usual 30 minutes prior to the gates opening. Let me tell you, it is COLD that early in the morning. I could not feel my feet for most of the day. 

Around 10:30, I headed over to Meredith's parent's tailgate. They had a tarp around their tent, which helped to block out a majority of the wind and cold. They also had the most delicious shrimp and grits! I can't wait to get that recipe from Meredith's mom!

Once we got into the game {a bit late}, we warmed right up. We sit on the sunny side which is amazing at keeping you warm. The stadium was also packed which provided additional warmth - we all ended up taking our jackets off! The game definitely went in our favor and the defense did an incredible job! Our offense still has a lot of work to do with actually catching the ball, but it was a great day to be a Wolfpacker! We won 13-0. Our first shut out against Carolina since 1960 and the first one at home since 1921! There were also some pretty funny signs on our jumbotron referencing Carolina's head coach's remarks. 

Our fans were so excited. Everyone stayed in the stadium until the end of the game and most people made a point to come back as soon as halftime was over. This is a rare thing because most people love to stay in the parking lot and drink well into the second quarter. I think the boys responded to the full stadium and gave us quite the show. We tried to get a picture of Sara Beth, Fred, Brandon, and me at the end of the game, but the little old {drunk} man behind us couldn't get it. Bless his heart.

After the game we went to a bit of the Red & White scrimmage. The boys looked pretty good, and I think Mark Gottfried is going to do great things for our basketball program.

Sunday morning was a wonderful day too! I didn't wake up in time for us to go to church, but Brandon and I did his bible study together to get in some God time. Then I met Meredith at Junior League of Raleigh's A Shopping Spree. We had fun looking around at all the fun Christmas stuff and I bought their original cookbook, "You're Invited." I can't wait to join this coming year! I know it's going to be so much fun and it's something that I've always wanted to do. 

Yesterday was my incredible Mom's birthday, so we went to Angus Barn on Sunday night to celebrate. Angus Barn has definitely become our favorite birthday celebration spot! Before we headed to dinner, mom opened her cards and presents.



Even though they give you a free pound cake for your birthday, mom and I love sharing their chocolate chess pie (warm and with ice cream). It is just so good and we love sharing. We actually share our entire meal at Angus Barn (and most other places we eat). It just tastes better when we share.


Happy Birthday (yesterday) to my amazing mom! I seriously don't know what I would do without her and I hope I never have to find out. She has always put mine and Ryan's needs before her own. She would give anyone the shirt off her back if they needed and I love her more than I could ever express. To have the kind of relationship with someone that I have with my mom is truly a blessing and gift from God. We have been through so much together and I honestly could never convey how special our relationship is or what it means. There simply aren't enough words to express something like that. I love you mom!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I love the Junior League Shopping Spree and was so sad to miss it this year

    follow me at
    adventuresofthesouthernwife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. what time where you at the shopping spree, me and caitlin never ever miss it, It is my favorite, we bought tons of christmas presents.And your mom is the best.Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I found your blog from your comment on Brianna Tucker's blog ... just wanted to say I love the portion of your post about the Wolfpack! I was there too and it was AWESOME. I posted about it if you're interested:

    http://shuginboots.blogspot.com/2011/11/withers-tell-ya-mouf-to-stop-writin.html

    Also - your mom is adorable! You look just like her!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Follow Us