Christmas Questionnaire

9:36 AM

I saw this precious questionnaire over at Adventures of a Southern Wife and I thought it would help to get me more into the holiday spirit!


1.  Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate, definitely. I don't think I've ever even tried egg nog.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Definitely unwrapped presented. My brother and I always had our own section where our presents were laid out and our stockings were stuffed.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White only. We did love going and looking at other houses with colored lights. We're just like the white for our own house.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? We don't (or haven't) hung real mistletoe yet, but I have this antique mistletoe ball that was my great grandmother's that I always hang.


5. When do you put your decorations up? Normally as soon as Thanksgiving is over, but this year we've been slacking. I'm hoping to decorate our tree either tonight or tomorrow.


6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Hmm...probably my aunt's macaroni and cheese


 7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? I think it's a tie between dancing in the Nutcracker and my grandparents coming over on Christmas morning when we still lived 5 minutes from them.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Well, I technically still believe in Santa because you don't get a stocking in our family if you don't believe in Santa. I can't remember when I actually learned the truth. I truly believed for longer than most because of the movie The Santa Clause. It answered every single question I ever had, and if you want more than anything to still believe, it works really well.


9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? When we were little we would beg and plead until The Momma gave in. Now we exchange our secret Santa kids between the Wardlets on Christmas Eve.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We have all white lights and then a bunch of ornaments that mean a lot to us. We either got them to commemorate a special occasion, have a meaning to our childhood or heritage, or shows our interests. We definitely don't have a color coordinated tree, but I love it.


11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love it! Especially when we get a good snow and work was cancelled. Some of my favorite winter memories are of snow days with all my friends in the neighborhood sledding and drinking hot chocolate.


12. Can you ice skate? Technically, but I'm not very good. I can do the bare minimum so that I don't fall down. I do want Brandon and I to go to the outdoor ice skating rink in Downtown this year.


13. Do you remember your favorite gift? It's so hard for me to pick a favorite because my mom does such a wonderful job of picking out exactly what I want every year. I don't think I've ever had a Christmas where I was disappointed. My favorite from Brandon though is the diamond earrings that he gave me for Christmas/Our one year anniversary in 2008.


14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Celebrating Jesus' birth and remembering the true reason why we celebrate December 25th. I also love the time I get to spend with my family and friends.


15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Oh man. Is everything an answer? It really just depends what mood I'm in. Red velvet cake, chocolate chess pie, my mom's chocolate pound cake. They're all so delicious. (It's a miracle I don't weigh 400 lbs. actually).


16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I love going up to Boone/Blowing Rock and cutting down our Christmas tree and visiting our favorite places (blog post of this year's trip to come!)


17. What tops your tree? A beautiful pearl and crystal "star." I'll post picture's after it's up.


18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Giving. I get this from my mom, but we both spend so much time picking out the perfect gift and making sure that we know they will love it. I seriously get so much joy to see someone's face light up and know that you got them something they love and really wanted.

19. Candy canes: yuck or yum? It depends on the flavor. I don't like the traditional ones, but I do enjoy the other flavors, but the sour patch kids ones are brutal on your tongue. I highly recommend not getting those.


20. Favorite Christmas movie? The Santa Clause and The Family Stone (but I enjoy all of them)

 
21. Saddest Christmas song? I don't know if it's necessarily sad, but Alabama's Angels Among Us gets me every time. Ever since my grandma passed away, this song always reminds me of her.


22. What is your favorite Christmas song? I really love Michael Bublé's Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)

Now it's your turn! Link back in the comments section with your answers!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Follow Us