Happy Christmas Eve Eve!

12:07 PM

I'm blogging from the road, so sorry if this post is oddly formatted. I'm not sure how this'll turn out. Brandon and I are headed to Laurinburg right not to celebrate Christmas with his parents and sister's family. 

We stopped by the n Furbish Studio on our way out of town so could pick up some Christmas presents I had been swooning over online. I'm going to have to dedicate another post to that (and another) trip. I could have spent hours in there and spent way more money in there than I did! Jamie Meares has truly outdone herself. 

 After lunch in Laurinburg we're headed back to Raleigh. I have a sushi date with Meredith, Sarah, and Angela at our favorite Sushi Iwa to celebrate Christmas together. Tomorrow we're head to my Aunt Marcia's house in Cedar Grove for Christmas with my mom's side. We always have so much fun and everyone is going to be there this time! We all drew names and got our person a $35 gift. We also got a $5-$10 gift too lay dirty Santa with. After a while we'll head back to our house for a bit to get some wrapping and last minute things done. I am so behind this year, y'all! It really is quite bad. 

 For dinner we'll head to Dale's Family's farm in Clayton for Christmas Eve dinner with Dale's family. They like opening presents on Christmas Eve, so we'll do our presents to and from them while we're there. It isn't Christmas without going to church, so Brandon and I will head back to Raleigh to go to the 11:00 service at Edenton Street. We'll get out of church and it'll be Christmas! 

Christmas day we are going NOWHERE!!!! I don't know if this is a normal thing for most people, but I have never had a Christmas where we weren't driving all over North Carolina. Brandon and I will wake up and do stocking and present with each other. Around 10 my mom and Dale will come over. We'll do Santa, open a couple of presents, eat the delicious gourmet lunch my brother and I are preparing, finish opening presents and enjoy each other's company. 

My mom and Dale will head back to the farm mid-afternoon and my dad is coming over for dinner. We might even go see a movie that night! Monday we'll head to Greensboro to celebrate with my dad's family. We're also going to dinner with some wonderful family friends than night. 

Man, are y'all as tired from reading all of that as I am from typing it and will be from living it? We're not even done yet! Tuesday we're headed to Charlotte to watch the Pack take in Louisville in the Belk Bowl. I know it sounds like a lot, but we love all of our family so much. We're so blessed to have a chance to see everyone and are just thrilled that we were able to spread things out more this year. Especially since we get to spend a super relaxing Christmas day staring at our beautiful Christmas tree (pictures of that to come). 


Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; And the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Follow Us