Christmas Morning

3:45 PM

Back to the Christmas recaps before I have some fun kitchen adventures to share!


Preparing the brine the night before
  
Brandon also decided he needed to capture my last minute present wrapping before we headed to church.

The Christmas Eve service at Edenton Street was amazing! It was wonderful to ring in Jesus' birthday with such a beautiful service. At the end we all lit our candles and then went out into the street and sang Christmas carols!! This is definitely going to be our new tradition! I'm not sure if they do that with any service besides for the 11:00 one.

On Christmas morning Brandon and I woke up to exchange our presents and stockings to each other before mom and Dale came over. My brother was busy in the kitchen putting the turkey in the oven.




New Brooks Brothers polos for football games! Brandon's stocking also had a High Cotton Ties bowtie (of course!), a book on Jack Kennedy and renewals to Our State and Garden & Gun. For his "main" present I got him a red NC State Smathers & Branson needlepoint belt with his monogram. I was a bad fiance and slacked on ordering it, so it won't be here until the end of January.

 Then it was my turn to open my stocking and I completely forgot about the camera for a while. Brandon always spoils me and this year was no different. He got me a pair of American Apparel leggings - my current pairs are pitiful, a spoonula, a pizza cutter, and cotton pads (I use 7 a day, so I'm constantly running out!). For my big present, Brandon got me the Frye Melissa Button Boots in black! I absolutely love them! They are so comfortable, even my first time wearing them...which was for 8 hours at the Belk Bowl!

Mom and Dale got to our house around 11:30. We opened stockings from them (which I completely forgot to get pictures of) and then I went back to work in the kitchen helping my brother fix Christmas lunch.

I  take 0 credit for this turkey. This was all Ry.







Then we opened up our presents to and from mom and Dale. 










I got so spoiled this year! I appreciate everything that I got so much and love it all! Trust me, I know how lucky and blessed I am!

Brandon and I got a wonderful gift from his parents as well. Our Kitchenaid mixer! We chose the onyx black and it looks amazing in our kitchen! I used it for the first time the other night to make twice baked potatoes and it worked great! It makes cooking and baking so much easier!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Follow Us