Happy New Year!

10:46 AM

Happy New Year y'all! As you can probably imagine, I am so excited that it is finally 2012! I can actually say that I'm getting married THIS year! We are so blessed to have so much love and support from all of our family and friends. This year is going to be truly unforgettable for us. We have so many weddings this year. I can't wait for the first invitation to arrive! This past year was full of firsts for us and I love that I have this blog to keep a record of it all.

My year in review:

January - I officially started my full time job! I've been at my company since May of 2008 working part time, but it was so exciting to be working full time, supporting myself and even having my own insurance!

February - We had a huge family get-together with my mom's side of the family. Grandpa and Flis came into town for their usual stop on their way to Florida and we celebrated Grandpa's 80th birthday!


March - We officially changed our wedding date to June 30th. We are both so happy with this decision. We now get to have our dream wedding with all of our loved ones present.

April - The Royal Wedding was definitely the highlight of this month! It was so amazing getting to watch history being made...and the Duchess looked flawless!


May - Brandon graduated from law school! It was incredible getting to watch Brandon realize one of his dreams. I am so proud of him and how hard he worked for this. I'm so happy to have had the chance to be by his side through all of the ups and downs that come with being a law student.


June - Our birthdays! We also hit the one year countdown to our wedding! Brandon and I are always on the same page, even with our birthday plans! We each threw the other a surprise birthday dinner...his at 18 Seaboard and mine at Angus Barn. He even had my family and his parents to come to mine!

Dress repeat!

July - Mom, Ry and I - along with two aunts, one uncle, and 7 cousins went to New York. My great aunt had passed away the previous December and my grandpa was holding a memorial service for her in the city. She lived in London, so Grandpa wanted to have something for all of her friends and family on this side of the pond. It was crazy getting to meet "the British cousins" (even though one of them - Seb - lives in California). 

We had a wonderful time in the city and Flis was kind enough to get mom and I into the Alexander McQueen exhibit at The Met! It was crazy to see his work up close and how his personality was so visible in each piece.

August - We took our engagement pictures! I had been looking forward to working with Kellie for such a long time now and even more so since we had our meeting with her back in November/December of 2010. It's such a joy and dream of mine to have her as our photographer!


September - We moved into our house and football season started! I also went home to High Point for my 5 year high school reunion. I headed back to Raleigh the next morning for an epic tailgate where Sara Beth, Emily, and I regained our sign that Sigma Chi stole from us 5 years ago!



October - October was full of wedding planning! We activated our wedding website, I ordered my wedding shoes and my veil as well as some other smaller wedding details. 

November - I got to try on my wedding dress for the first time and we finally went bridesmaid's dress shopping. I am beyond thrilled with the dresses we ended up going with! The girls are going to look so gorgeous in those dresses and I can't wait for them to come in!



December - What a busy month! We sent out our Save the Dates, traveled to Boone to cut down our Christmas tree and did lots of celebrating. We had so many wonderful work and social Christmas events this year and I enjoyed all of them immensely. Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year and I feel more blessed than ever. I was spoiled with presents and in time spent with the people I love. 

We spent New Year's Eve the exact opposite of what I'm expecting this year to be like. With 5 weddings not including our own and another crazy football season ahead of us, it's going to be a whirlwind of an incredible year. We spent the evening at home with takeout sushi and watching Mad Men with a glass for champagne for me and a glass (or three) or Woodford for Brandon. 


Cheers to a wonderful 2011! You were wonderful, but I'm so looking forward to all 2012 will bring!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. congrats what a great year and your house is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Follow Us