Rivalry Game

10:15 AM

I'm sure everyone by now knows what a big State fan I am. Despite growing up in a family where everyone went to Carolina, having a great grandfather who was an all-American footballer while he was there and attending dozens upon dozens of football and basketball games growing up; nothing quite beats the loyalty of where you actually went to school (and fell in love). 

We've been lucky in football for the past 5 years, but haven't been anywhere near as lucky when it comes to basketball. Carolina's on an 11 game winning streak and there'd be nothing that I would love more than for us to finally break that streak. I'm sure the RBC Center (now annoyingly coined the PNC Arena) will be full of energy and excitement tonight. Let's just hope our boys come out strong and are able to keep up the pace for the entire game.

Hopefully this year won't be the last that we get to meet our rivals twice in one season. With the recent addition of more northern schools to the ACC, there is serious talk of only allowing the four North Carolina teams: NC State, Carolina, Duke, and Wake to play each other once a season. If we could actually just go back to the seven original ACC teams, that would be even better (Clemson, Duke, Maryland, Carolina, NC State, Virginia, and Wake).

I'll leave you with one of my favorite videos. I really think this sums up the rivalry in the perfect way.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I LOVE THIS! I watched it like three times haha the little boy makes me smile

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Follow Us