Making Progress

11:58 AM

We has such a wonderful and relaxing Easter weekend at the beach. It was absolutely delightful to take a break and not do anything wedding related. We didn't have the best weather, but it was just so nice to get away! I honestly don't think I would have minded if it had rained the entire time. We were lucky enough to have a beautiful, sunny day on Saturday {albeit chilly}. We bundled up and headed out on the boat. Talk about a relaxing afternoon. There's just something so calming about riding around on a boat with your family. It was perfect. We even went by Cape Lookout and saw the lighthouse! It was too cold to wade through the water and get to shore, so that's just something to look forward to this summer!


After coming back from our mini-vacation refreshed and ready to go, I tackled a few wedding related tasks yesterday. It's been a busy week already and will definitely get even busier!

I scheduled our second meeting with our minister. I'm not sure if we'll have another one after this, but at this next one we'll finalize the ceremony order and decide on our readings and music selections. Meeting with Ned always makes the wedding seem that much more real and close. I also set up our meeting with MacKenzie and Phillip of Inkspot Crow. I've been so excited about meeting with them ever since MacKenzie and I emailed back and forth while we were in the booking process. I know we're going to have a great afternoon getting to know each other!

I'm also in the process of trying to figure out my bridals. I had scheduled them with Kellie for Friday, May 11th. It was going to be perfect. Brandon leaves for his bachelor party that day, so I was going to head home to Greensboro for bridals and to spend Mother's Day weekend at home with mom. The only kink in the plans is that Ginger (my hair and makeup lady) has an early wedding already scheduled that day. I'm waiting to see what I can figure out with her, but I might have to rearrange the date. 

Update: Ginger will be able to do my hair and makeup for bridals after all!! What a relief! 

Minted was having a 15% off sale that ends today for their 4 year anniversary. Along with my $25 refer a friend credit, it was definitely as good a time as any to order our rehearsal dinner invites! I can't wait to get the proofs and then get them in the mail! I adore them.





I know I should wait to show them to you until after they're sent out, but they're just so cute and fun. I couldn't wait!

Brandon and I also went by Jos A. Bank yesterday to finalize our groomsmen tuxedo rentals. I'm really excited with the one we went with. It's their brand new Genesis tuxedo with a slimmer cut, narrower lapels, and one button. Our guys could very well be the first or second people to wear them because they aren't available for rental until May. We decided to go with the classic black bowtie and cummerbund set. Timeless and classic and oh so James Bond {Sean Connery as James Bond, of course).


We're also finalizing our hotel block with the Marriott today and Brandon's found a place to get vintage bourbon barrels for our bourbon bar! Things are really starting to fall into place! Good thing too because my bridal ticker doesn't have much further to go!

Wedding Countdown Ticker


I have my first dress fitting on Friday and I can't wait to try it on with all of my accessories! My mom was able to get my beautiful blush shoes cut down from 4 to 3.5 inches! Hopefully that'll make a big difference when wearing them for 6+ hours!

Saturday is my shower and I don't think I could be more excited! Especially after Meredith posted a little sneak peak of something she's working on. I can't wait to use my cute new stationary to write my thank you notes! Cute cards are definitely a good motivation to get those thank yous in the mail quickly.


I hope y'all are having a great and productive week too (even if it's not wedding related)! I want to start addressing our invitations this week too. Wish me luck, this is definitely the DIY project I'm most nervous about!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Follow Us