Weekend Recap

11:50 AM

What an amazing weekend! I really felt like this was my "become a bride" weekend.

Friday was my first dress fitting and everything went great!! It was so exciting to see everything come together as far as my attire was concerned. It needs a good amount of alterations, but I know everything will turn out perfectly! I wish I could post pictures because I seriously fall more in love with my dress every time I put it on. The only real snag was my shoes. After standing in them for a little under an hour, they were really starting to pinch my toes. Not good. So I guess I'm on the hunt for another pair of shoes...

I'm thinking these might be fun and I know the Karolina's are comfortable.



Saturday was my bridal shower and I have to say, I was completely blown away. I knew it was going to be amazing because that's just how Meredith is, but she she really outdid herself. Everything was so thought out and detailed. I couldn't ask for better friends and bridesmaids. They put so much hard work and effort into my shower (especially Sarah and Meredith).


Here are just a few pics. You can go over to Meredith's blog to see more. She's also going to post details of some of her projects later this week.












Our engagement announcement was in the Raleigh News & Observer this weekend as well as the Greensboro News & Record. It was so fun to wake up on Sunday morning to texts from friends saying they saw it! 75 days (and a day) until our wedding announcement is in the paper!!We played some really fun games and I got lots of great (monogrammed) gifts! I can't wait to get to use it all after the wedding!


We got a bunch of other little things done this weekend (even though I'm not sure how we found the time)! We ordered the red and white pom poms for our exit and found the perfect (on sale) basket for the women's bathroom at the reception. I also started the long process of addressing our invitations. I'm really liking how they're turning out so far, but I think I might switch to a different pen. I can't wait for the big invitation reveal in a couple of weeks after our invites have been sent out!!

We even found time to finally book our honeymoon! We'll be spending four wonderful nights at The Cloisters at Sea Island. I went there with my family when I was younger and I can't wait to go back! We're going to spend a night in Savannah on the way down there and a night in Charleston on the way home. It's going to be such a fun adventure! This will be Brandon and my first real vacation together. Normally we go away with my family or somewhere for a long weekend; never a full week just the two of us!

This week has already filled up fast with things to do! We're meeting with MacKenzie and Phillip of Inkspot Crow on Wednesday and Thursday starts my cousin's wedding weekend festivities! I am so happy for them! I also can't wait to get my first Rent the Runway rental! Fingers crossed that I'll love it!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Wow, you made a lot of progress! Love the glitter or nude Karolinas, I don't think you can go wrong with either.

    Soo exciting about booking your honeymoon!! That sounds like it will be so relaxing :)

    Can't wait to see the invitations and calligraphy!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Follow Us