Our Favors, Part I

12:39 PM

We haven't officially started tackling our favors yet, but we finally have all the ingredients! (And boy is that a lot of ingredients.) This is also why I've declared that I'm going to start attending classes at Overachiever's Anonymous after the wedding. I guess it's not so anonymous since I just announced it, though.

We're making 180 (maybe more if we keep getting all yeses back!) 4 oz. jars of jam for our wedding favors. Based on some ridiculous math calculations that I pretended to know how to do, I came up with a number of how much of all of our ingredients we would need.

First things first, you can't make jam or can anything really without some key supplies. We went to Wal-Mart (my least favorite place ever, but the one in Clayton is pretty nice) to get these. Ball is really smart and they not only sell their pots with the canning rack, but they also sell and "essentials kit."



I've turned to one of my favorites, the Pioneer Woman for our recipe. Thanks Sarah for turning me on to her! She really is awesome! Parts 1 and 2.

Here is our basic ingredient list:
-Hulled mushed strawberries
-Sugar
-Fresh lemon juice
-Powdered fruit pectin

Pretty simple, right? Not too much to buy, right?

Well not when you multiply it like I had to!!
Currently in our house we have:
-30 lbs. of fresh strawberries (I don't even know if this is enough!)
-8 5 lb. bags of sugar (that's 40 lbs. of sugar!!)
-4 bags of lemons (so about 50-60 lemons)
-12 packages of fruit pectin






Hopefully ours will turn out looking as good as hers did!


I have a feeling that I'm going to be very exhausted by the time we get all of these finished!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Yay for Pioneer Woman!! Good luck in your jam-making adventures, let me know if you need any help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pioneer woman, I have her book, I will give it to you next time, I see you, and yes you are crazy for making all that JAM,Love Aunt Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  3. look so good. hope they taste as good as they look :)

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Follow Us