RSVPS!

11:21 PM

Having sent out our wedding invitations two weeks ago, the RSVPs have started to trickle in. They definitely came in quickly in the beginning, but things have definitely slowed. Mom was very dismayed to find out that we didn't receive any this past Friday! 

As we're waiting on RSVPs, it's interesting to hear the different theories behind the etiquette of when and how quickly you should send your responses back. I'm almost more surprised by the time it takes our newlywed friends to respond to us than anything else. You'd think after going through their own RSVP waiting that they would be one of the first to send theirs in!

I also have an older female relative (who is all about etiquette) who refuses to send in her RSVP until right before the date.

Here's where we stand as of today with our RSVPs.

Invited: 233
Attending: 114
Declines: 13
MIA: 106

With a week and a half left, we're doing pretty good, but I have a feeling that we're going to have to call quite a few of our guests to get an answer out of them.

I came across this the other day and thought it was too funny not to share.


It's a little more snarky than I'm feeling about our missing responses, but it helps me to keep light of the situation. We'll hear from everyone eventually and it'll be an exciting day when that happens! Until then, mom will continue to enjoy getting her "fun mail" on a daily basis! 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Girl, I am right there with you! I was going to do a post about this tomorrow too! Our wedding is a week before yours and our RSVP date is June 1 and we still have almost half we need back..Do people not understand how rude that is? It's really starting to get me very irritated!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Follow Us