Bachelorette Party Recap

10:26 AM

We're 11 days away and busy finishing up some last minute DIY projects, so I thought I'd give a recap of my b-party in Wilmington!


Friday night we arrived in beautiful Wilmington to the cutest house! The girls had rented this charmer in downtown. It was perfect because we could walk to dinner and the bars on Saturday without having to worry about driving or a cab, while still be only a short drive to the beach.


We stayed in on Friday night because 3 of the girls weren't able to get to town until later. Sarah made a delicious dinner of spaghetti (with homemade sauce!) and then we drank looots of wine.

Saturday morning we woke up to a delicious breakfast made by Meredith. We had homemade French toast and fruit...yum! They also tried to wake me up with a mimosa, but that was not happening after all the wine from the night before. My friend's are seriously so talented. I think our homemade meals were even better than the ones in the restaurant. Note to self: next time we make French toast, use fancy bread from La Farm.


I really wish I had been better about taking pictures. When I got downstairs on Saturday morning, they had decorated with bachelorette signs and everyone had a cup with their name and goodies inside!

We then got "ready" and headed to the beach. The weather could not have been more perfect. It was warm and partly cloudy, and there was a great breeze. I don't think any of us wanted to head back to the house to get ready for the evening.



After everyone was ready for the night, the girls' threw me a lingerie shower! Definitely not anything that's appropriate for the interwebz. It was so much fun though! 
We had dinner at Elijah's and had a lot of fun even though I think our waitress was less than thrilled to be serving a bachelorette party. Since it was too early to head to the bars after dinner, we walked back to the house (this was seriously so convenient) and had a few drinks before officially heading out for the night.

We first tried to head to a piano bar in downtown, but they were trying to charge us a cover. 1. We're girls, we shouldn't have to pay cover. 2. We were a bachelorette party, we REALLY shouldn't have had to pay cover...so we didn't. We headed to Level 5 (?) which was an awesome rooftop bar. We had a lot of fun there dancing and having a great time in general. Especially after the DJ finally listened to our request and played Party in the USA. I even completed some of my dare cards, like take a picture with a married man (super easy - his wife took it for us) and take a picture with a guy without a shirt (can we say awkward).

I would say it was a pretty successful "last fling," especially after I stopped and talked to every single person we passed on the way home. I think it took an hour for everyone to walk the 10 minutes home. 

Saturday morning we packed up, had some yummy (and much needed greasy) breakfast before heading back home. I'm so blessed to have such wonderful friends who did so much for me! I can't wait to see everyone at the wedding! 

Can I live here?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Follow Us