Pumpkin Walnut Bread

9:20 AM

I've definitely been getting into the pumpkin spirit this year! Before this weekend I had already made pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies and pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese icing. Both of which where fabulous.

Last night I decided to make a loaf of pumpkin walnut bread to eat off of this week for breakfast. I'm extremely happy with how it turned out, so I figured I would share the recipe with y'all!

Ingredients:
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 1/3 cups sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup water
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 2/3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup raisins, optional (I included them in mine)

Preparation
Preheat the oven to 350°. In a mixing bowl (I used my kitchen aid), cream butter and sugar until light; set aside. In another mixing bowl combine eggs, water and pumpkin; mix well. Add pumpkin mix to creamed butter; blend thoroughly. Stir dry ingredients together in a separate bowl. Add about a third of the dry ingredients at a time to pumpkin mixture, mixing well after each addition. Mix in walnuts and raisins by hand. Pour batter into a greased 9x5x3 loaf pan for 55 to 60 minutes. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Follow Us