Weekend Recap

9:45 AM

I hope everyone is having a good and safe Monday so far! It's so weird having the hurricane threats be up North and not here. We had a really good weekend, despite our football loss. Maybe this will be our year in basketball??

Friday night's dinner with Brandon's firm was a lot of fun! I tried a lot of things that I normally wouldn't order and was happily surprised with all of it. B actually worked as a runner for them in undergrad, so a lot of them are really familiar and they're all so nice. It really is such a blessing for Brandon to get to work for them.

Even though I've known about this dinner for a little over a month, I didn't have "fancy work dinner" in my mind, so I literally had nothing to wear. I even had B go in my closet to see if there was anything I could possibly get away with and even he said I needed to go shopping. (Win! hehe)  When I got off work on Friday, I headed to Cameron Village hoping to find something quickly. I really lucked out at Charlotte's and found a dress and necklace! The best part is that they were already very reasonable and Charlotte's was having a sale, so it was all an additional 20% off!



Saturday our wedding highlight video was also featured on Southern Weddings! We seriously had some of the best wedding people ever. I have to call them our wedding people because they're all so much more than vendors. We now consider them to be our friends and are so happy they were there to celebrate in the joy of our wedding day.


We had about 10 people over on Saturday to watch the game. The end result was obviously not in our favor, but it was still fun to get together with our friends and cheer on our Wolfpack. I made two different dishes that I'll post the recipes for later this week. The standout favorite was definitely the sausage and egg casserole. I knew that if there was any leftover that Brandon would eat it this week for breakfast. There was none left over (and it easily feeds 20).


Sunday afternoon I headed to the Convention Center to work my Spree shift. If y'all have never been to this, make sure you check it out next year. There are so many awesome vendors and you can get a ton of Christmas shopping done! 

This wasn't even half of the booths!


P.S. Happy Homecoming week to all my fellow Wolfpackers! This will always be a special week for B and me since it's how we met...and then how he proposed 3 years later! I can't believe everything we've been through together and accomplished in the last 5 years and can't wait to see what's coming next!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Follow Us