Happy Birthday, Mom!

10:19 AM

Today is a much more special day than just the day after an election, it's my mom's birthday!


Mom,

I am so blessed to have you. You have always offered your love, guidance, and support - but also allowed me to go out and pave my own path and make my own mistakes. You have taught me that you don't always learn from your successes, but if you learn from a failure, then it isn't a failure at all.


Thank you for loving my husband like he's your own son. From day one you have made him feel welcome wherever you are and for that I am so grateful. You are the most caring person I've ever met. There's a reason why people consider you their second mother.


Thank you for teaching me how to love unconditionally. Your example is the best one I could have ever had. When it's time for us to start a family, I know I'll be ready with you close by for additional help and support, just like you've always given. 


Thank you for showing me how to hold onto the good in life when everything else seems to be crumbling. You showed me that your faith and family are the two things that you'll always have and it's important to hold onto them. 


Thank you for your wisdom. For showing me that your needs in a relationship should be just as important as the other persons. For teaching me that a successful relationship is a partnership. For showing me that not every day is going to be perfect, but it can still be good and full of love. Thank you for teaching Brandon that sometimes I just need to be upset, but a hug will always fix it.


Thank you for always supporting Ry and me. Your encouragement for us to find what makes us happy in life and go for it has made us better people. Thank you for accepting us for who we are and never comparing us. You never expected us to measure up to each other, other people, or an idea in your head.


Thank you for showing me that sometimes all life needs is a smile and laughter. And the easiest way to do that is sing and dance to Gilmore Girls at the top of our lungs.


Thank you, Mom. For everything. I don't think I could ever express in words how much you mean to me. You are my mom, you are my friend, and you are my hero. I love you. Happy Birthday!


All photos by Kellie Kano

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Follow Us