Meal Planning Recipe Review

5:23 PM

I was talking to a friend about how one of our weeknight dinner's hadn't worked out as planned and she suggested I let y'all know when things like that happen. Definitely a good idea, and will save y'all from making things that we didn't love. I'll try to do this every 5 or so weeks - or whenever I've tried a handful of recipes.


Week 1:
Broccoli chicken mac n' cheese: I'm not sure what happened here. It just did not turn out. The cheese was a just not working for me. Brandon tried and he didn't have any better results. Clearly it was user error because Julia said she makes this all the time and they love it.

Beef Brisket Tacos: I asked Sara Beth how she cooks her barbecue because it was SO good when we had it at her house. This is what she does:
Put the meat in the crock pot cook it on low for 8-10 hours. 1.5-2 hours before it's ready, put 2 t. liquid smoke in, and make a sauce of 6 T. vinegar, 1/2 t. cayenne and 1 t. black pepper and pour over the meat. 
Super easy and soooo good. 

Shrimp n' Grits: We love this recipe. It's an easy go to in our house

Goat Cheese and Pesto Pizza: Brandon liked this more than I did. I felt like there was something missing - it was just a little bland.

Week 2:
White Chicken Enchiladas: Make these. It's seriously our new favorite Mexican dish. It takes a little time to prepare, but there's always leftovers. They taste just as yummy the next day.

Strawberry Salad: I wasn't crazy about this one. I'm still looking for a good spring/summer salad to rival the one I found this fall with pears and craisins.

Gnocchi Mac n' Cheese: This was great.

Shrimp Quesadilla with tomato avocado salsa: We loved this too.

Week 3:
Buffalo Chicken Soup: One of Brandon's favorites. I normally double the recipe so we have lots of yummy leftovers for lunch.

Lemon Garlic Gnocchi: Good and easy

Barbecue Chicken Pizza: Another delicious and easy meal, especially if you either use a rotisserie chicken or cook the chicken in the crock pot.

Week 4:
Asian-style brown rice with chicken: I learned that I'm not a fan of bok choy with this one. It just has too strong of a flavor for me. I might try it again minus with a different lettuce because every other part of it was really good.

Week 5:
Buffalo Chicken Pizza: I hate a happy husband with this one. Anything he can put (or already has) Texas Pete on it makes him a very happy camper.

Pineapple Shrimp Fried Rice: I think this would be better if you used a traditional shrimp fried rice recipe and added pineapple.

*If I haven't listed meals I had previously listed, it means i didn't end up making it for one reason or another.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Instagram

Follow Us