San Diego: Packing List

1:29 PM

Packing for this trip is a little different than most trips I've taken. In the past, I've known exactly what we were planning on doing. Since this is a business trip for Brandon, I need casual clothes for during the day and then casual and fancier/business attire for dinners. No one knows what we'll end up doing at night, so I don't have a set number of fancy vs. casual outfits I need. It's going to be a little cooler than I had originally hoped with highs in the mid-low 60s while we're there.




1. Longchamp Le Pliage large tote. The perfect carry-on to fit anything I might need. [Including socks for when we go through security.]

2. Kate Spade Cobble Hill Tenley. Ideal for walking around San Diego. This is definitely not a trip where I want to worry about a heavy purse.

3. Ray Ban Wayfarers. My favorite pair of sunnies. Brandon has the same pair, but I think he needs the Clubmasters. So Mad Men.

4. Passport. There's talk of crossing the border one night for dinner, so I need to be prepared. This was actually the last thing on my "name change" list, so it was nice to have a reason to get it done. Let's not even talk about how bad my picture is, though. Gross. 

5. Sam Edelman sandals. Mom and I got a few pairs of these when we went to New York two summers ago for walking around. They are super comfy and don't have a breaking in period.

6. Navy and white peplum jacket. The one shown is by Tibi that I'd love to have, but the price on the Zara one I have is just a little better ($20 vs. $350. A girl can dream...).

7. J.Crew pleated short in nautical stripe. I think these will be perfect for when I head to the San Diego zoo. I can never get enough navy and white.

8. J.Crew Ella dress in floral garden. I got this last year for my bridal luncheon. Perfect for a client dinner with heels and a navy blazer thrown on top.

9. J.Crew Lucielle dress in green. I wore this to one of my bridal shower's and it's since become a work staple. Also good for client dinners.

10. Sheridan French Eloise dress in blue ikat. The elbow patches really sold me on this dress. We have a thing in our family for elbow patches. Perfect for when we cross the border!

11. Southern Living, Our State, Garden & Gun. Brandon and I are hoping to catch up on our magazines during the flight.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Instagram

Follow Us