Happy Weekend

8:00 AM


I'm looking forward to a fun weekend celebrating one of my best friend's upcoming wedding! Her bridal shower is tomorrow morning and we're throwing her a bachelorette party Saturday night. It's going to be so much fun!

In preparation for a fun weekend, I'll be drinking regular tea with honey at work and then switching over to a hot toddy tonight. There's nothing better than warm tea, honey, and a splash of bourbon to make your throat feel better.

For those of you feeling happy and healthy this weekend, try one of these. It's the perfect time for all things strawberry since they're in season right now. We still have a few more batches of jam to make to hold us over until next year.


Make your own strawberry margarita:
4 ounces Grand Marnier or Triple Sec
3 ounces Tequila4 ounces lime juice
5 ounces strawberry simple syrup [recipe below]
lime + fresh strawberries for garnish
salt + sugar for the rim

Rim the ridge of your glasses with a lime wedge and dip in a mix of margarita salt + sugar [I used about 3 tablespoons salt to 2 teaspoons sugar]. Fill the glasses with ice. In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, triple sec, simple syrup and lime juice with ice, and shake for about 30 seconds. Pour over ice and squeeze in lime slices and add a few strawberries.


For strawberry simple syrup: combine equal parts sugar and water, bring to a boil and let sugar dissolve, then turn off heat and let cool completely. Combine 1 cup simply syrup + 1 1/2 cups slices strawberries in a blender and blend until combined. I don’t mind strawberry seeds, but if you’d like you can strain the mixture over a fine mesh strainer to remove the seeds.


What's your favorite thing to eat or drink when you aren't feeling well? I'm open for all the advice I can get!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It still has some tweaking to do. I'm hoping to have it completely up and running by Monday! :)

      Delete
    2. I'm not sure what happened, but I accidentally flagged your comment and I can't figure out how to undo it. :(

      Delete

Instagram

Follow Us