August Goals

10:19 AM

Okay...so maybe trip recaps aren't going to be up until next week.

I was pretty successful with some things on my list of 101 in 1001 while we were on vacation. It's nice to go and mark things off the list and remind myself of everything on the list that I want to accomplish in the next 2 years.

I can't believe it's already August. This year has truly been flying by and I wish it would slow down just a bit...even though I am excited that it's almost football season!


-Make peach ice cream.
(We have an ice cream maker and we've never used it!)
-Celebrate Sarah and Brian's marriage
-Celebrate my brother's 21st birthday
(Any ideas on good 21st birthday presents for boys??)
-Go hiking at Umstead
-Go to a Durham Bull's game
-Spend time with our family and friends
-Have a "technology free" night once a week

Along with some things that I'd love to do this last month of summer, I'd also love to set a few daily goals for myself.

1. Get out of bed by 7:30am
2. Make our bed and tidy up around the house
3. Eat breakast*
4. Get up and walk around the office more.**
5. Get some sort of physical activity.
6. Do something instead of watching tv/mess on the computer until Brandon comes home.***
7. Pray with Brandon
8. Lights out by 11pm****

*I know this is a terrible habit I've gotten into, but some days I just don't feel like eating breakfast. I feel like I'm in a breakfast slump. I've tried making smoothies, but I'm just not loving any of them. What do you normally eat for breakfast?
**I tend to get extremely focused on what I'm doing and look at the clock and realize I haven't moved from my office chair for hours. Not good.
***Some days when I come home from work, I end up doing nothing. There's always something to do and I need to get it done before Brandon gets home so we can spend better time together.
****Brandon's probably thinking "Yea right," but we both need to get more sleep and it's me staying up late that's preventing us both from getting it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Follow Us