Weekend Recap

9:14 AM

This weekend was amazing. I wish I had more pictures from it because it was full of love, fun, and my oldest friends. Sarah has to be the calmest bride there's ever been. The one exception might be her sister who's outdoor wedding took place the same day as the tornadoes in April 2011.

We got ready at Sarah's parents house on Saturday with the sun shining bright. We headed to the venue around 2:30 and by 3:00, it was raining. Not just rain, but torrential downpours. It was fine, there was a back up plan, everyone was going with it. At 3:30, Sarah was walking up to Brian for their first look, there was a big boom, and the power went out. Not good.

Luckily, the Duke Energy truck was their within 10 minutes (with news that 5,000 other people in the area were without power). He worked and the guests started to arrive. All we really cared about was making sure Sarah was okay. They could get married without power, we were charging her phone to play the ceremony music from, it would all be okay. The reception would have been a little interesting, but we would have made it work.

At 4:51, the power came back on. Their were lots of happy cheers from all of us in the bridal suite. One of our friends told me later that she didn't realize that the power wasn't on until it came back on. The ceremony was everything I think Sarah and Brian could have wanted and the reception was great. I'm so happy for my sweet friends and know they're going to share a wonderful and blessed life together.


Mark posted this sneak peek on his FB page and I can't wait for more. They braved the rain after the ceremony to get photos in the gorgeous fields around the ceremony and I know they're going to be stunning. The truck behind them was Sarah's grandfathers. 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I have to admit that I tear up a little bit whenever I hear about another rainy day bride. I'm so glad it all worked out in the end!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Follow Us