Choosing Happiness

12:27 PM

Hello blog lovelies!

I know it has been f.o.r.e.v.e.r. since I've posted anything. I was on a sort of blog "strike" while Brandon was in trial. Since mid-August, he's spent Sunday afternoon thru Friday evening in Monroe, NC. He, along with the rest of the trial team have worked tirelessly to get Union County Public Schools the money they need to effectively and safely educate their students. I could not be prouder of everything he has accomplished over the past few months and am ecstatic with the verdict the jury awarded the school board.


For someone who hadn't spent a full week away from her husband since we've met, this was a big adjustment for me. It was definitely hard having Brandon gone and to say it got easier as the weeks passed would be a lie. However, I made a conscious choice at the beginning of the trial to not brood on the fact that he was gone so much. I decided to relish in that one day a week we had together. To not worry about the things that "needed" to get done. To just enjoy each other's company. I tried to see the positive in everything. Like the fact that I have a husband that I love spending time with (even if it is just once a week). Like the fact that what he was doing mattered. Like how happy Brandon was when he called to tell me the verdict. Through it all, I chose happiness.

I've done a few fun projects around the house while Brandon was gone - including *finally* putting together our gallery wall. I'm so excited with how it turned out and can't wait to share it with y'all!

Also, I finally got around to updating the "About" section of the blog! Check it out here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Follow Us