Five on Friday

10:44 AM

Happy Friday y'all! I can't believe another week has already flown by and fall weather is officially here (although the rain can go away now)! I decided this Friday I would link up with April at A. Liz Adventures and a few other great ladies for their weekly "Five on Friday."

One.
This one's pretty obvious. I'm so glad this guy is finally home! 
Here's the news article about the trial.  

Two.
I've been hit with the pumpkin bug bad lately. I'm loving the pumpkin spice coffee we have at the office and am going to have to make this pumpkin fettuccine next week. We have a home game tomorrow, and I'm going to make these pumpkin cupcakes with maple cream cheese frosting.


Three.
Last time I was at Rite Aid I picked up some new shampoo and conditioner and I am loving it. I've used other hair products in the past that I really liked, but I had to order them online or get them from a salon. It just wasn't convenient. I love that this is a great shampoo and conditioner that I can get at most drugstores or Target. Especially with my hair getting longer (!!), it's becoming that much more important to have good hair products.

Four.
Last night at my JLRaleigh placement, AWCM, I led Enrichment for the 3rd-5th graders. This month's theme was Health & Safety. Since it's October, we talked about Trick or Treating Safety, decorated oranges to look like pumpkins, did some fun exercises, and talked about teeth brushing. All the kids did a great job paying attention and it seemed like they all had a lot of fun while learning! About half of them said they wanted to be a vampire for Halloween, but they were going to be good vampires.

Five.
I've been trying really hard this month to save money and stick to our budget. So far I've done a really good job, but these shoes are making that commitment awful hard. We have "leftover" money in the budget at the end of the month - after we put a lot of it into savings, and I might have to snatch these. Being married to someone who's family is 100% Scottish makes you love anything in a tartan/plaid.



You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Love, love, love those loafers! I say go for it! (mind might sharing where they're from?)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      These are from Bloomies, but they also have them at ShopBop in the green plaid.
      http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/charles-philip-smoking-flats-lana?ID=830565&cm_mmc=Google-PLA-ADC-_-Shoes+-+Flats+-+PLA-_-58366491511-_-adc_pg_301_11003_52339f0fe4b0873dea496bca_31373557111

      Kelsey

      Delete
  2. Oooo, I'm always looking out for new shampoos and conditioners to try! I've heard some good reviews about this brand, so I think it's time to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the long hair! Those cupcakes look delicious! Hope y'all stayed dry at the game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've definitely decided to commit to the long hair and I'm wanting it to get a longer now. We stayed semi-dry, but it was still a fun day!

      Delete

Instagram

Follow Us