Friday Five

10:06 AM

Happy Friday! I hope everyone's had a fantastic week. Today will consist of addressing envelopes for my company's client party. Here's to hoping my hand can still clutch a cocktail at the end of the day! I'm linking up once again with April over at A.Liz Adventures this Friday. It's so fun to get to see everyone's list from the past week.

One.
My cousin had her baby! Alexander Charles was born on October 16th and we are all just so thrilled that he's here. He is even more adorable than his name and I can't wait to meet him and see how his mom is doing! Elizabeth is the closest thing I have to a sister and I've looked up to her since before I can remember and I can't wait to see her with her son. I know she is going to be an amazing mom and Alexander will be so loved. 

Two.
I am currently ob.sessed with floral hair wreaths. Why did I not do that for our wedding?! (Besides the obvious answer that it was 105 degrees and I would have had wilted flowers falling off my head...) I seriously love this look. Would you ever consider this look for your wedding? I think it would even look great for a maternity shoot!


Three.
So, the pumpkin cupcakes didn't happen in time for the tailgate last Saturday. By the time we got home from dinner on Friday night, it was just too late. What DID happen this week, was this delicious pumpkin bread. The recipe is super simple. In the instructions she says that it makes 3 mini loaves, but I was able to make 2 normal size loaves in my 1 lb. bread pan. One stayed with us and Brandon took the other one to work. This recipe tastes very similar to the now retired pumpkin bread from Starbucks.

Four.
Do y'all remember back over three months ago when we ordered new bedding? Well...it's still not here! I know it's supposed to take 6-8 weeks, but it's been almost 15 weeks! I'm trying to be patient, but it's getting a little ridiculous. We're going to get new euro shams and a bed skirt made when it finally comes in, but I want to make sure the blues in the fabric go together. Here are my top two pics for fabric. I'm really hoping the Christopher Farr fabric works with the trim on our bedding. The fabric is definitely more expensive than the Robert Allen, but I love the pattern and color is brings. Mom hasn't been able to get a price on the CF fabric yet, but if it's suuuuper pricey, we'll probably just do shams for now and the bed skirt later on.




Five.
The Furbish Fall Flea Tent Event is tomorrow from 11:00am - 4:00 pm. If you're in Raleigh, are you planning to go? 


You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Found your blog through the linkup! MMMM....I made pumpkin cupcakes this week with chocolate chips in them! So delish!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those sound delish! I might have to add chocolate chips next time!

      Delete
  2. popped over from the linkup! yay! following along now too...woopwoop!

    girl, i am obsessed with floral hair wreaths too!!! if only there was an appropriate excuse to wear one. and you must have fabulous style bc those throw pillows are on point!! fabulous! love!

    happy weekend!
    xx
    elise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pillows are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I LOVE that Christopher Farr fabric! I bet it will look great with your new bedding! Geez 15 weeks is CRAZY long to wait! That's double their expected time! Hope it arrives soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm getting super antsy for it to get here. I was going to wait a few more weeks to call and start asking about it, but I just might need to go ahead and call!

      Delete

Instagram

Follow Us