Friday Five

8:00 AM

Happy Friday, y'all! I can't believe we've already made it through another week. It definitely feels like Fall and despite my resolution to not turn our heat on until November, I caved and turned it on earlier this week. If we had a fireplace, I would have definitely been able to hold out.


One.
Junior League of Raleigh

This week has been full of JLR for me. Tuesday I helped set up for Spree!, Thursday I had my bi-monthly tutoring with the kids at AWCM, and tomorrow I'm headed to shop at Spree with my mom, aunt, and cousin. If you've never been to Spree! before, I highly recommend you checking it out. Tickets are $10 for a 4-day pass. It's going on now until Sunday at the Raleigh Convention Center. 
Two.
My new tailgating tablecloth

Fall in our house revolves around NC State football. I'm always on the hunt for red, whether it's clothing or accessories for our tailgating set up. I stumbled across the Waiting on Martha website last week (check it out!) and found the cutest red and white tablecloth. I'm glad I snagged it when I did because it was on sale and now sold out.
Three.
Tailgating decorations

With Homecoming 8 days away, tailgating is definitely on my mind. We're playing Carolina, so it's definitely going to be a big game. We've been pretty easy going with our tailgate set up so far this year, but the posts here and here on "A Southern Tailgate" have really gotten me in the mood to do things up a little bigger. I'm swooning over these pennants. Unfortunately, they don't have them for NC State right now, but fingers crossed they will soon!

Four.
Homemade Pasta

A few weeks ago Brandon and I had dinner at Gravy in downtown Raleigh. We've been there numerous times before and always enjoyed it. I substituted my pasta for their homemade angel hair and it was amazing. I'm now fascinated with the idea of making our own pasta. We don't have the pasta maker attachment for our kitchenaid, but it definitely found it's way onto my "wishlist." Have y'all ever made homemade pasta? Was it as easy as they make it look in this video

Five.
Prince George's Christening

As I'm sure a lot of y'all know, I definitely have Royal fever. I woke up early to watch the Royal wedding and was so excited when William and Kate announced they were expecting. I think the amazing fashion that Kate sports might have something to do with it.

Have y'all seen the pictures from Prince George's Christening? Could their little family be any more adorable? I don't think so.


I hope everyone has a great weekend! Anything fun planned?
Don't forget to pick up some candy if you're expecting trick or treaters on Thursday!

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. They are the cutest family ever!
    Love the table cloth...it would lovely in Carolina Blue. I'll be at that game. Go Heels. tee hee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be a good game! I'm sure it's hard to find Carolina blue stuff too!

      Delete
  2. it would BE lovely...too early in the morning to spell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live just south of Raleigh, and we're definitely cheering for State! Go Pack! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't tailgate, but we like to throw viewing parties and we bleed NC State red! And I'm with you about the royals, I thought Kate looked gorgeous (as usual) at the christening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love me some Royals! Prince George is such a handsome little thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you SO much for including our Shop & our little tailgate! Big hugs! o Mandy @ Waiting On Martha

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Follow Us