Birthday + Wedding Weekend Recap

9:13 AM

First and foremost, I'd like to thank all of the veterans who have bravely and selflessly served our country. I will never be able to sufficiently express my gratitude for the sacrifice you have made. Without you, my life would not be what it is and I am forever grateful.

To say we had a busy weekend would be a huge understatement, but it was spent with family and friends, so the craziness was definitely worth it.

Friday night we went to dinner for my mom's birthday at Mandolin. The food was so good and we had a fantastic time. The atmosphere could not be more perfect. I made mom my first ever layer cake and I think it turned out pretty great. Dale got her the cutest Tory Burch tote that she's been eyeing. She was definitely a happy birthday girl.






Saturday was an even busier day. We started out at Duke with Brandon's boss who is a huge Iron Duke. Since they scheduled such a late game, we were only able to stay for part of the tailgate. We had such a great time hanging out with everyone and it just reminds me how lucky we both are that Brandon works for the people he does. Him taking a shot with his boss was pretty funny.

We then headed to Greensboro/Jamestown/High Point for Tara and Ben's wedding! I've know Tara since 6th grade, we went to school and church together, and were also doubles partners for our high school tennis team. She is such a special friend and it was so wonderful getting to share in her happiest day (so far) with her. This wedding was extra special because I've also known Ben since 7th or 8th grade. Their wedding was perfect and Tara was a gorgeous bride. I'm so happy for the two of them and I know they'll live a happy life together - full of lots of laughter.


Sunday we rounded out our crazy weekend with lunch at Cowfish to celebrate mom's and my cousin, Samantha's birthdays. It's always so fun to get to spend time with mom's side of the family and I can't wait to see everyone again on Thanksgiving! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Follow Us