Friday Five

11:55 AM

Today for my Five on Friday, I thought it would be fun to share five of my favorite ornaments on our tree. We always have so much fun picking out our tree (bless my patient husband) and I think this one my be my most favorite tree yet. I know a lot of people pick a color scheme for their trees, but ours is a mixture of vintage, family, and special ornaments and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Decorating the tee was a bit eventful this year. I tested all the lights, strung the entire tree, turned it on - and realized that half of the first strand and half of the last strand weren't working. So I unstrung the tree, tested all our extra strands, and realized I only had 2 strands that fully worked. I restrung the top half of the tree with those lights. I then headed to Target to get some more lights. They were out of the regular boxes, but had this strand of lights. So I got home, took the two working strands off, and strung the tree with one of the new sets. Lots of work and a bit of frustration, but it looks great now!


These ornaments were my grandparents. After last Christmas, my grandma had me pick out some of her ornaments to use on our tree. It definitely made my heart happy putting these on the tree next to each other. 

This is the ornament we got the Christmas we got engaged, since it happened inside the belltower! I love that the ribbon matches the bows on our tree!

A pretty reminder that Jesus is the reason for the season. I always put this one near the top of the tree.

I know these aren't technically ornaments, but I love my black and white gingham bows. 

A glitter acorn for Raleigh, the "City of Oaks." 

How do you decorate your tree? Vintage, a specific color scheme, themed? I'd love to know - and see pictures!


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. So beautiful! I love these ornaments! Stopping by from the link-up. Happy Friday!

    Christa
    Forever Young

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tree! And your tree-topper is gorgeous too! Our tree is the same, a hodge-podge of vintage, special meaning, and family memories. Both of our parents gave us ornaments from our childhoods so it's fun to put up those sentimental ones that we were so fond of growing up. Every year we buy an ornament together that represents a highlight from the year. I love seeing how people decorate their trees! I feel like it's a good representation of what's meaningful to them. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the acorn ornament! We had a ornament exchange with my Junior League group and someone brought one. It was by far my favorite ornament and I am sad I did not end up with it!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Follow Us