Friday Five

11:22 AM

I couldn't miss the first Five on Friday of the new year, so today is a double-post day! Despite the freezing cold temperatures, this new year is moving forward whether we're ready or not and downtown Raleigh will be in full swing with First Friday tonight. {If you're in Raleigh and are up to braving this frigid weather, Moon & Lola is offering manis from 6:00-10:00 tonight plus a 15% off any purchase!} I hope everyone has a wonderful first weekend of 2014!


One.
As a fashion by-the-book rule follower I can't believe I'm actually typing this, but I'm starting to really like the white denim in winter look. I do think it needs to be styled just right, but I think it could definitely work and look really great. I love them paired with a gray sweater and they'd be perfect with leopard or tortoise shell flats.

Two.
I am seriously obsessed with these mini chicken & waffles we had on New Year's Eve. They are so ridiculously easy to make and so yummy. I'm going to have to stay away from these or my goal of fitting into my skinny jeans is not going to happen. I'm sure these will become a tailgating staple though, especially for those noon games! 

Three.
When we ordered our wedding china, we ordered our colored accent plates instead of the matching white ones. While I really like that look, our apple green plates don't always work with the table setting I have in mind. For Christmas, we were given some of the matching white dessert plates and I am smitten with them. I'm looking forward to the versatility of the all white plates and mixing everything up with different napkins, etc. I'm so happy that we registered for one nice set of china that can be used every day, but could also be made more formal if we needed to. 

Four.
When mom and I were running errands last weekend, we stopped in at South in Chapel Hill, and we both swooned over this chair and the fabric. We have an armless, tufted armchair in desperate need of being recovered (one of four...) and this would be perfect on it. To make things even better, they had the fabric name on the tag! It's Thibaut Serendipity Shrewsbury - Blue on White.

Five.
I love this quote. It's so true and goes along with one of my goals/intentions for 2014 {More on that on Monday!}. 


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I read about first friday from Moon and Lola. It wounds like fun! Are you going? I think it is too cold for me tonight but looking forward to going once it warms up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm swooning over that fabric/chair too! (Oh Chapel Thrill! Swoon!) And those basketweave plates!!!! Cheers to the weekend, beautiful!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I love the mini chicken & waffles!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Follow Us