Friday Five

7:54 AM

One.
I've gone back and forth over fabric for our club chairs and ottoman for a year now. That's a long time to be indecisive. I knew I wanted a solid with some texture, but couldn't decide between a navy or a gray. I went back and forth and eventually mom ordered a swatch of navy velvet. I initially loved it, but after living with it for a while, I thought the navy might be too dark for our space and might not be the best long-term option/color. I decided to check out some different grays. While looking at fabrics, I came across this Lee Jofa fabric. It also happened to be the same exact fabric that mom had sitting for me in her office...just waiting for when I decided we needed to go with a gray fabric. If that's not fate/destiny, I don't know what is. 

The roll is about 10-12 yards (we're not sure of the exact length). We'll probably need a total of 16 or 17 yards to recover both the chairs and the ottoman. Want to know the best part? It was FREE. Umm, what?! Mom brought me the roll last weekend and we're going to live with it for a little while to make sure we really love it, but I'm pretty sure we have a winner. Finally.

Two.
Sticking with the decorating front, have y'all seen the updates Julia's done to her bedroom? So pretty. I'm also positive that I'd never want to get out of such a fluffy, cozy bed. I sent it to Brandon and it solidified his love for a poster bed. I've already promised him that we'll get one as soon as we have a bedroom that wouldn't be swallowed by it.

Three.
Brandon got a couple of new suits recently and for Christmas mom gave him these suit hangers. We switched over to wooden hangers years ago (I despise wire and plastic hangers more than anything). We have the ones from Target, and while they're okay quality, these make them look like a joke. We're going to slowly start switching over to have all of these hangers. They have a great variety and a specific hanger for each hanging piece in your wardrobe. 

Four
Valentine's Day is the next holiday and while we never go big for Valentine's Day, I think it would be fun to make these cookies. I'm going to have to get the recipe from Meredith that she used for her Christmas cookies because they were the best ever. 

Five.
Oh man. Have y'all watched the first episode yet? It looks like it's going to be a craaaazy season! There's always way more juicy drama when you have all those women competing for a man. Also, can someone ask the "Free Spirit" to please put some shoes on?

Are y'all tuning in or seeing as this is the 18th season..are you skipping it? Any early predictions?

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Girl. I haven't missed an episode of The Bachelor yet! (No exaggeration.) I am PUMPED for this season, no surprise! CAN'T WAIT! Bach mondays = the BEST mondays! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking how I wanted to buy all velvet hangers so my clothes would hang better and everything would look organized. Julia's bed does look so pretty! I love that fabric you picked out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cookies are so cute - what a fun valentines gift! I just want to curl up in that bed and pass out for the rest of the day. Apparently I need to start watching the Bachelor :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the chair fabric you chose. I need to catch up with this season of the Bachelor this weekend, I have heard there are already some characters!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Follow Us