Weekend Recap

9:28 AM

We had a fantastic weekend filled with so much fun (which totally makes up for still being worn out on Thursday). Friday night we met up with Meredith and eventually Kevin to see Adam Pitts. They're total Adam Pitts groupies, but after seeing him perform, I get it. He was awesome! He plays all over Raleigh and I highly recommend going to see him play. We'll definitely be going to hear him play again soon!

 My grandparents were also here this weekend. Every year they spend a month in Florida and make a pit stop in North Carolina on their drive back to New York. We had dinner at Kipos in Chapel Hill. There was a belly dancer that was alllll about my Uncle Vaughn. 

Towards the end of dinner the belly dancer pulled up everyone at our table to do the Tsamiko (traditional Greek dance). Practically everyone in the entire restaurant got up to dance with us. It was probably the funniest thing to happen in a while. Somehow I was able to stick with my brother and we both cracked up the entire time. Then my aunt broke a plate and it was even more awesome.
After dinner, some of the cousins went to The Crunkleton. This was one of the coolest bars we've ever been too. I love how they had all the drinks set up like they were on an old library bookshelf and even had the library ladders! They had pretty much any liquor you could think of (except maybe Pappy's). Next time we have a reason to be in Chapel Hill on a weekend night, we'll definitely be stopping back here. 
Sunday we had brunch at Parker and Otis in Durham. I first stumbled across this restaurant while browsing through the newest issues of The Scout Guide (Volume II). I'm so glad we went here and I would definitely make a special trip to Durham to go back. The food was fantastic, everyone who worked there was so incredibly accommodating to our enormous party of 19, I honestly can't say enough good things about our entire experience. And then there's the store! It's like Nofo times a million. They have so many fantastic things. We walked in and I immediately said, "Oh, I'm buying something." 
I had planned to walk around after lunch snapping pictures of all the cute shop areas, but we ran out of time. Something to look forward to next time!

Sunday night we had dinner at "Compton Farm" with everyone. Adam made a fantastic brisket. I brought a salad and made red velvet cupcakes. Then I made everyone tune in to the Oscar's Red Carpet and the first part of the show before we had to head home. 
My step-grandmother always throws a ring around the candle whenever it's a birthday. I'm not sure why, but it's tradition, and Adam and I eat it up.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love Focus on the Coast in Wilmington I have been looking for something similar in Raleigh. I just stumbled upon The Scout Guide this past weekend and it is great! We truly need to start exploring Chapel Hill and Raleigh more. Looks like y'all had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Follow Us