New Orleans: Day 1

8:00 AM

Hello lovely ladies! Sorry I've been super lax about posting lately. We got back from New Orleans a week and a half ago (can't believe it's already been that long!). We had the best, best time and ate some seriously yummy food. I wish we could have stayed at least one day longer to explore the city a little more, and it's definitely on my list to revisit one day. We were there for a work conference for Brandon. Without the conference, we definitely would have been able to see and do a lot more.

We were given some wonderful food recommendations from locals + a Raleigh chef and all of their recommendations were spot on.

We arrived in Nola on Thursday and checked into our hotel around lunch. We headed down to Acme Oyster House and somehow beat the crowds. We started off the trip with oyster shooters. Note: I wasn't actually aware that an oyster shooter contained alcohol. Naive much? Lunch was delicious and we ended up splitting lots of different style oysters and crawfish. I feel like this is a pretty staple place to eat in Nola.

After lunch we walked around for a little bit before the attorneys needed to head back to the hotel for the welcome session. These guys were really good!

The spouses headed to the bar for pre-dinner drinks while they were finishing up a reception. I had been dying to go to the Carousel Bar at the Hotel Monteleone, so that was our first stop. The bar was full, but just as we were sitting down in the main sitting area, I spotted three open seats. I did my high heel run (which is way funnier than it is fast), and was able to secure the seats. This bar is sooo much fun and a must do.

My first drink had a strawberry in it, but third did not, 
so I requested a strawberry and got an entire glass.

Bar selfie. 

We headed to Galatoire's for dinner. They're one of the few places that didn't require reservations, and was an easy walk from the bar. We had to wait a bit for our table, so we had another drink at Galatoire 33 next door. 33 is a more causal version of the main restaurant. Dinner was good, but didn't compare to the rest of the meals we ate that weekend. I might also be a little shaded because I realized at dinner that one of the diamonds in my wedding band had fallen out. (Which then led to those prongs popping out a sapphire in my other band by the next day.).

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Follow Us