New Orleans: Day 2

8:00 AM

Our second day in New Orleans was the only full day of the conference. The forecast called for rain on and off all day, so we took full advantage of our large window of time and headed to the spa at the Ritz Carlton

Spa Check-in and Shop - photo via

We had massages and a pedicure and every was absolutely wonderful. This was actually my first spa/massage experience and I'm pretty sure most other spas will pale in comparison to this one. The massage was incredible and I think this was the best pedicure I've ever had. They have definitely thought of every detail here - included adding some chocolate covered raisins to their nut mix. 

After we were finally ready to leaved the spa, we headed to Herbsaint. I would say there's a three-way tie for my favorite meal in New Orleans, and Herbsaint is one of them. I ordered the grilled flatbread with fennel sausage, jalapenos, and provolone. Their dinner menu looks equally as amazing as their lunch menu and the next time we go to Nola, this is definitely on the repeat list.


I spent the rest of the day sitting by the pool and enjoying the sun that finally decided to come out.

That night we headed to the Saverac at the Roosevelt Hotel for drinks before dinner at Peche. The Sazerac ended up being too crowded for our party of 10, so we headed next door to the Fountain Lounge. This is where my funny Wrestlemania/Total Divas run-in happened. There was also a great pianist and singer in there and I would have enjoyed the atmosphere even without my fangirl experience.

Nikki "Bella" ended up coming into the lounge to have a drink with two guys, so of course I was semi-freaking out and had to explain to everyone in our group who she was. I got up a little nerve as we were leaving and went over to talk to her. She was so nice and now it makes watching the show even more fun! Then of course the rest of the weekend (and probably ever), I'll never live this down with everyone from our group.
Cheesin' super hard

After that, we walked down to Peche. I cannot say enough great things about it. The entire staff there was so accommodating despite us changing the number of people in our party numerous times. The atmosphere was fantastic and everyone really loved their food. Peche is actually owned by Donald Link, who also owns Herbsaint. Most of us left with a copy of one of his cookbooks after that meal. He actually owns another restaurants in New Orleans - Cochon.



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Wow! The trip seems really fun. The massage must've been heavenly, for you to describe it as amazing as you did. I hope it had you feeling more relaxed than ever. Anyway, the food looks amazing. I am literally drooling over those photos. Hahaha! Thanks for sharing all about your awesome travel! All the best to you! :)

    William Connors @ The Healing Station

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Follow Us