Thoughts on Beautycounter

9:29 AM

My high school AP Environmental teacher [Nanna Flo]'s favorite phrase was, "Life gives you cancer." I used to laugh about it because it seems so ridiculous, but it's 100% true. The amount of chemicals we willingly expose ourselves to every day (on top of the ones we have no control over) is crazy. 

Enter Beautycounter.


Last week Hayli let me borrow her sample pouch to try the Essentials line plus the Lustro Face Oil 3 of Beautycounter. Hayli is married to Tad; one of my brokers, and is one of those people who are just effortlessly cool and super nice to boot. I'd already heard great things about Beautycounter from Sarah and Denise when Tad told me about it one day. When your husband is excited and talking about a product you're selling, you know you're on to something.   


Routine Cleanser: Great, basic cleanser. Left my skin feeling incredible soft - not stretched and dry like a lot of face washes/cleansers do.

Gentle Exfoliator Polishing Cream:  This was a really nice and gentle exfoliator. It says to use it every other day, but I had no issues using it every night.

Every Day AM Hydrating Cream: I really like the AM cream as a moisturizer, but I don't like that it doesn't have any SPF in it.

Every Day PM Hydrating Cream: I'm not sure how the AM and PM creams differ, but I really liked this as my nighttime moisturizer. It felt great going on and not greasy - even after mixing it with the Lustro Face Oil!

Any Time Eye Cream: I think this is just a more concentrated/creamier version of the hydrating creams. I didn't not like it, but I think if I was going to get a specific eye cream, I would try the Vibrant Eye Perfector.

Rosewater Uplifting Spray:  This was the one thing that I wasn't crazy about out of all the products I tried. It smelled just like roses, which was incredible, but it was a little too floral for me. I'm not sure if it was a mental thing, but it made my face itch after I sprayed it on. I stopped using this after two uses.

Lustro Face Oil 3: This was the product I was most nervous about. I have combination/oily skin and the thought of putting oil directly on my face was pretty scary. I mixed two drops with the PM cream and then put that on my face. This face oil showed me that there are definitely "good oils" that won't cause your skin to breakout, but will actually sooth them. 


Final Thoughts:  I was surprised by how much I liked this line. As someone with very acne prone skin, I was nervous about using products that didn't directly target that issue. After a week, my skin was so soft and wasn't irritated at all. I've already placed my first order for the Routine Cleanser, the Gentle Exfoliator Cream, and the PM Hydrating Cream. For a daytime moisturizer, I'm going to to try the Supergoop Moisturizer with SPF 40 to give myself some good UV protection throughout the day.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Follow Us