Anniversary Trip | Charleston | Day 1

8:00 AM

Brandon and I stayed in Charleston for one night on the way down to Sea Island for our honeymoon, so we thought it would be the perfect place to go for our anniversary trip. We both love Charleston, and it's one of the few places that we would ever leave Raleigh to move to.

We walked a lot, ate a ton of good food (all of which I would highly recommend), and had the best time getting to spend quality time with each other. We got to Charleston around lunchtime on Sunday and left after dinner on Tuesday. 

When we got into town on Sunday we headed to lunch. First adventure of the weekend - I wanted to walk a mile and a half to the restaurant, but when we got to a not so nice part of town, we smartly turned around and drove there instead (the shady part was more Google maps fault than where the restaurant is). Even if we had walked the entire way, it would have been completely worth it. Taco Boy is now my favorite Mexican restaurant I've ever been too and I love a good Mexican restaurant. Any trip that starts off with a margarita (and one this good), is off to the perfect start in my book!
After lunch we parked the car in the hotel's deck and walked around until we could check in and get cleaned up for dinner. 

Dinner the first night was at The Grocery. The food was impeccable, the atmosphere was rustic and casual, and the company was my favorite. I highly recommend eating here. It's just as good as all of the better know restaurants (if not better). 
Drinks: Cannonborough Old Fashioned (his) and El Zombie (mine)

Appetizers/Sides/Dessert:  Jumbo Lump Crab & Watermelon Gazpacho (AMAZING!), Sweet Corn Pudding, Heirloom Tomatoes with Pesto Filled Burrata | Churros with Three Sauces and Chocolate Pretzel Ice Cream

Entrees:  Braised Barrelfish (his) and Sea Scallops with Braised Pork Belly (mine)

We ended the night with a drink on the rooftop of the Pavilion Hotel. The view was absolutely stunning and I wish I had my real camera with me to capture the view. We also took our only selfie of the trip. We are not good at this.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. THAT FOOD! I can't wait to visit one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the second charleston post i've read today with awesome food. I HAVE TO GO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just love Charleston. My favorite part are the beautiful views from the rooftop bars. The food is a very close second of course!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only been to Charleston once, to get my wedding gown. I have wanted to go back so badly...and this series is making me want to go right now!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Follow Us