Holiday Weekend Recap

11:01 AM

I promise Charleston recap is coming, but I wanted to go ahead and get my 4th of July weekend recap up. We had the best weekend. A lot of times when you get back from a vacation you feel like you need another vacation, and that's exactly what this past weekend was.

I got off work and headed to Jamestown to spend the weekend with mom and Dale (Brandon joined us later that night). It was so good to be "home" and not have to worry about so many of the day-to-day responsibilities that I have to in Raleigh.

There were walks, a hike up Pilot Mount, and a doubles tennis match (mom and Dale kicked our butts) plus lots of yummy food and rest time. [There might also have been a Christmas movie or two with Hallmark's Christmas in July.] Of course my camera battery died and I didn't have my charger, so I only have iPhone pics, but oh well. My aunt Marcia and uncle Vaughn came up for dinner on the 4th and it was so awesome getting to spend quality time with them. Aunt Marcia brought *the best* black bean and corn dip and kale salad. I'm going to have to get those recipes from her and I'll be sure to share when I do!

We stopped to get my favorite smoothie ever - Guava Gulp with a Shop Boost

The best appetizer ever (we used white peaches - yum!) - Grilled Peach Crostini with Pesto and Goat Cheese

Heirloom Caprese Salad

Angel Food Cake with Fresh Whipped Cream

Pilot Mountain

This is before we chose the "strenuous" route. That thing was no joke.

Homemade vanilla ice cream with homemade blueberry syrup (recipe coming next week)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. i've been to pilot mountain before! the views are incredible!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Follow Us