Weekend Recap

10:24 AM

We had a fantastic, but extremely busy weekend. I needed to wait an extra day to recap it all because I was still worn out. Luckily, I found out this is going to be a short week for me. Brandon has a work conference at Carolina Beach, so we'll be heading down there for a couple days on Thursday. Hopefully the rain will let up a little bit for us.

My dad got remarried this weekend, so we had a lot of activities dealing with that. On Friday afternoon, my now step mother's daughters hosted an Afternoon Tea at the Umstead. The tea was really fun and I would highly recommend it for a fun girls outing. It would be great for a small bridal shower or baby shower with friends too. I would love to do something like this with my aunts and girl cousins around the holidays.

I wish I had taken more photos, but I didn't want to take away from the atmosphere by constantly snapping pictures.
First Course: Tea Sandwiches // Third Course: Dessert

Friday night we went with my dad and Lynne, brother, and her daughters (who are now my step sisters - weird!) to see Catching Fire at Koka Booth in Cary. Koka Booth is a little less strict than the Art Museum in that you can bring whatever you want with you - food, alcohol, etc. The Art Museum's screen is definitely larger/more impressive, but you can only bring in sealed non-alcoholic beverages. Dad had picked up lots of yummy food from Whole Foods and gotten out there early so we had really good seats. I'm hoping we can make it out to the NCMA for a few movies before summer is over (particularly 12 Years a Slave, Bull Durham, and The Grand Budapest Hotel).

Saturday was the wedding. I started the day off in the best way possible with a haircut from Steven. Seriously, y'all. If you need an incredible hair dresser in Raleigh and want to have the best time while you're there, go to Steven. It obviously doesn't hurt that he's Brandon's cousin, but he is amazing. He did soft waves for me for the wedding and my hair looked amazing. I've tried to do it myself a million times and it never works for me. He's so good. 

I have absolutely zero pictures from the wedding or the lunch, but I'll be sure to post them when I do! My wonderful friend Grace's sister, Glory took the photos at the wedding. She's just starting out, but I know she did a fantastic job and I can't wait to see the pictures. It was also amazing getting to see my grandma that I'm extremely close with, my aunt, uncles, and cousins. I love spending time with them and it doesn't happen nearly enough.

After a lovely nap, we headed out to dinner for Jenny's birthday! We ate at Bida Manda and it was fantastic. I can honestly say I've never had a bad meal there. I ordered the Green Papaya Salad with the Filet and it's my new favorite. Meredith got Jenny a delicious red velvet cake too. Van, the owner was there helping out the staff. It's always nice to see an owner who is so involved in the day-to-day operations of their business.


Continuing on with our busy weekend, on Sunday we went to the contemporary service at our church, "The Gathering" at 9:30 and then had brunch with mom, Dale, and Ry at Nofo. The Gathering is our new favorite service. Mom and I loved the contemporary service at our old church in Jamestown, and we're happy to have won our traditional men over too. The music is so happy and we all feel so full when we leave. We are so fortunate to have amazing ministers at our church. It's a wonderful thing when you're thrilled no matter who's preaching because you know they're going to bring it. If anyone ever wants to go to church with us, please let me know! We love sharing our church with others!

After that we went clay shooting out on my aunt and uncle's farm with my cousin and some friends. I'm semi-embarrassed to say that it was my first time to ever shoot a gun. Shooting is definitely something that's "in my blood." Both my nanny and grandpa were/are an excellent shot. My grandfather even goes hunting in the UK. I was a little worried being a lefty, shooting a right handed gun being taught by all right handed people, but I'm happy to report that I shot quite a few clays! I had a fantastic time and this is definitely something that Brandon and I are excited to continue doing together. I could see myself branching out and quail/pheasant/dove hunting with him, but I'll let him keep the ducks and deer to himself.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Follow Us