Christmas 2014

10:54 AM

Christmas 2014 was my favorite one yet. We were able to see so many family and friends and we really soaked in the true reason for the season. We ended up not going to Christmas at DPAC through Summit Church because we just didn't have the time and the live nativity was rained out the day we planned to go, but other than that, everything went perfectly. The one thing that I want to make sure of next year is that we're in Raleigh all of Christmas Eve night so we can go to the 7:00 Gathering Service. All of my favorites had solos and I'm sad that we missed it.

Christmas really kicked off the Saturday before with Meredith and Kevin's 6th Annual Christmas Party. Meredith really outdid herself again this year. The food was fantastic and the photo booth wall was a huge hit. Work was closed most of the week and on Tuesday our manager treated the marketing team to Chipotle, mani and pedis. We had the best time!



Brandon's family came up for Christmas Eve lunch and we made brunswick stew. Then we headed to Cedar Grove for Christmas and Oysters at my aunt and uncles because we went to the 11:00 Christmas Eve service at church.


Christmas morning Brandon and I exchanged gifts before mom, Dale, and Ry came over for brunch. What I thought was my brother knocking on the door ended up being the sweet little girl from across the street asking to borrow some eggs. So precious.
That night we headed to my grandma's in Durham to celebrate Christmas with my dad. Mama made our favorites - chicken pie, twice baked potatoes and deviled eggs. So good.

The next day we headed to Greensboro to celebrate with my dad's side of the family. My uncle had smoked the turkey at Thanksgiving to great success, so for Christmas he smoked the pork tenderloin and it was amazing. We had the best time relaxing and spending time together and then my cousin and uncle played some Christmas music for us. It was the best way to wrap up our Christmas.
Saturday mom came over and helped us pack boxes. I seriously don't know what we would have done without her. She is an expert packer and I have a total mental block against it. We're painting the new house tomorrow and then the moving process will begin and we'll get to spend Friday night in the new house. We are so excited about this move and all that it will bring (including a puppy at some point in 2015)! And if we weren't ready enough to move already - I had my second mouse spotting this morning. Eeeek!

I hope everyone had a truly wonderful Christmas and that your end to 2014 and start to 2015 is everything you want it to be and more!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I hope packing and moving goes smoothly. What a neat way to start 2015 in a new house! Random question- what jeweler do you go to? I haven't found one I 100% love yet.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Follow Us