Friday Five

8:00 AM

I can't believe it's been almost 2 months since I've participated in a Friday Five! 

1. Everything is all set for our move at the end of this month. Our current landlord has been iffy about whether he wanted to sell our current house and we were already on a month to month lease. We weren't thrilled with the uncertainty, and when this new house pretty much fell into our laps, we really felt like this was the right thing for us. Crazily enough, our landlord did put our house on the market. Sign went in the yard on Tuesday and it was under contract on Wednesday. Insanity. 

The new house is 2 miles from our current one and is pretty much the same distance for me to get to work. We have a lot more space AND the best part - we'll be able to get a dog!
Good bye sweet Wayland House (photo from Christmas 2012)

2. The Five Love Languages
I have been meaning for Brandon and I to read this book for the longest time. This past weekend, I stumbled across an online quiz that you could take in five minutes that helps to determine what your love language is. We both took it and I was semi-surprised by my results, but the more I think about it, the more it's absolutely correct. I think knowing will help us to communicate and express our love for each other even more effectively. 

3. Tomorrow night we have Meredith and Kevin's 6th annual Christmas party. This is the best party we go to all year and I've been looking forward to it for so long. Meredith always outdoes herself for this party (which is saying a lot if you've ever been to or seen photos of one of her parties). 
At last year's party (my hair was so long!)

4. I got a kick out of these "6 Fun Money Facts from Classic Christmas Movies" from Dave Ramsey, especially how much the plane tickets in Home Alone would have cost in 2014. Ouch!

5. Black Bean, Corn & Feta Dip
The last full week before Christmas, there's a week long pot luck before our Christmas lunch on Friday (today). While there have been some really great dishes and desserts brought in, my absolute favorite has been the black bean, corn and feta dip. I think I ate half of it. This is definitely going to be my new go-to appetizer/dip.

Make sauce below: (let the sauce stand for about 30 minutes so sugar can dissolve - letting the sugar dissolve is key)
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
salt/pepper/garlic to taste
Mix together:

2 cans black beans (drained and rinsed)
2 cans white shoepeg corn (drained and rinsed)
8 oz. Feta cheese (crumbled)
1-2 green onions (chopped)
1 jalapeno (chopped)
1/2 to 3/4 bunch chopped cilantro

Pour sauce over ingredients and serve with multigrain Tostitos scoops or lentil chips.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I totally bought the 5 Love Languages for my hubby for Christmas! I've been wanting to read it since we got married 3.5 years ago. Excited to see what our love languages are. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that quiz. I will be getting Joe to take it tonight! Hope you both have a great Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're getting a dog!!!!! Hooray! I can't wait to see the new place, too. I always loved moving because it was a chance to sort through things, purge what you no longer love, and rediscover things as you go to a new space. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stumbled upon this sweet space! I have been having fun exploring. I love 5 Love Languages. Such a great book, definitely an eye opener. And hope you have fun picking out a sweet pup. I have recently been wanting one, but my husband is not an animal person and we have said no dogs until future children are begging for one. We settled for a cat. Mostly because my mother got it for my birthday without his knowledge and he couldn't refuse. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Follow Us