Friday Five

10:49 AM

Happy Friday, friends! The weather may be a little dreary out, but I have been looking forward to this weekend for SO long. I'm headed to the beach with six of my best middle/high school friends. This is our one last "hurrah" before Sarah moves to the Northwest while her husband is in residency and it's definitely going to be a weekend for the books. 

1. This past Wednesday I had the huge pleasure of attending one of the Firestarter pop-up dinners at Death & Taxes with chef Jason Stanhope of FIG in Charleston. I attended with three other co-workers who had worked on different aspects of this project as a thank you by the building's owner. It's been a really cool experience to see the building go from 70s stucco to the beautiful historic rehabilitation that you see today. The dinner was great and I know that people are going to share some amazing meals in this space.




2. Mumford & Sons is one of my favorite bands and they're coming to Raleigh on June 11 and I am so excited that we just got our tickets! We're going with two other couples and I think making sure we all got tickets was more stressful than making sure we get our spot in the tailgating lot. Happy early birthday to us!

3. I've been trying to switch up my workouts so my body doesn't get complacent and this week I started doing this interval workout to boost my cardio. I tweaked it a little -- I don't walk slower than 4.0 and I run at 6.5. I also will boost the incline up sometimes - normally doing two minutes at 4.0 with a 8.0 incline then at 4.0 with a 12.0 incline and then running at 6.5 with a 2.0 incline before a one minute recovery at 4.0 with a 2.0 incline. There are some other great treadmill interval workouts here.

4. I finally ordered Lara Casey's book, Make it Happen and I'm really looking forward to reading it. Her story is such an inspirational one and she is just one of the sweetest people. I think that some people that might be skeptical of her are so because it seems so implausible that someone can be so nice all the time, but she is exactly who she portrays herself to be. 

5. I have been loving this Spotify playlist that the pastor at our church put together. I had been wanting some new ideas for Christian music that was more in the genre of non-Christian music that I like to listen to and this is perfect. This version of "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" is my absolute favorite.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. We just snagged tickets to mumford and sons as well! So excited. I will have to check out that playlist on spotify. I love finding new playlists on there.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Follow Us