Weekending

11:08 AM

This weekend was one for the books. On Friday we met up with Justin and Grace for some bowling and gelato. They are all waaaay better bowlers than I am, but it was still a great time. 

 On Saturday we went out to the Eno Rock Quarry with some friends and had the best time. It's about a mile hike to the actual quarry and was so worth it. I didn't realized how much I missed the water until I got to swim around in it so carefree. With all the shark attacks this summer, I was very hesitant about swimming in the ocean and even when you're out on the lake you have to worry about boats. The water was very clean and clear on top of being the perfect temperature. 

It was also crazy to realize how close it was to the house we lived in when we were in Durham and it was even closer to my grandma's house! We will definitely be going back. 



Brandon, Me, Zack, Marion, Katherine, Doug, and Peter

After we all had our fill of the water, we headed into Durham for some drinks and food. The boys were excited to try out Fullsteam. Marion and Zack tried out this flight. I love that they served it on  North Carolina board.


Since I'm not a beer drinker, everyone kindly relocated to Bull City Burger & Brewery. They grind their own meat daily and practically everything is made in house -- including their buns. Brandon and I shared the pimento cheese burger and the dirty fries. It was so good and we definitely plan on going back. We love that they are dog friendly too!

There's nothing like finishing up a day on the water like a bowl (or cone) of ice cream. We were so excited to have spotted The Parlour while we were driving to get our burgers. We are big ice cream lovers in our family so this was a must stop.


Maple Blackberry and Cookies & Cream

I love that our water adventure turned into a mini food tour of Durham. There are so many great restaurants and things to do in Durham and it's such an easy day trip. I can't wait to have more fun day adventures with our friends!

Sunday we rounded out our wonderful and full weekend with church and tennis. I can't think of anything else I would have rather done. I hope your weekend was just a great!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Looks like you had a fun weekend! There's a rock quarry in the town where I live and it's a great swimming hole! My parents even swam in it when they were my age. And the food you ate looks delicious!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend! That water looks so cool and safe compared to the ocean these days.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Follow Us