Friday Five

7:00 AM

This was my first full week at work in two weeks and it was much easier to get back into the swing of things than I thought it would. Tonight we're going to Death & Taxes with my family for my brother's birthday. I can't believe he'll be 23 on Monday! It just doesn't seem possible. We also have a wedding of a high school friend this weekend and I can't wait to celebrate with everyone. We always have the best time together!

1.  A small group from our missional community decided to do a bible study over the summer while our MC was on break. We just completed Tim Keller's "The Gospel in Life" this past Monday and I can't sing it's praises enough. The study applies the Gospel to our daily lives, asking us to live lives worth imitating, building community, and sharing the Good Word and God's grace with our neighbors. It's was so great to really dig deeper into His word and do a study that truly reflects the mission of our church.

2.  After years (literally) of discussing getting our club chairs recovered, Brandon and I are finally making steps towards making this happen. We already have the fabric that we're going to use (that mom got for free -- fingers crossed we have enough!!) and now we're just looking for an upholsterer. Any and all recommendations in the Durham/Wake/Johnston County areas would be appreciated. We're not afraid to drive for a good deal! We used ABZ Upholstery when we had our headboard made and while they did a fantastic job, they quoted us at much higher than we want to pay to recover these. 

This is our current chair situation. My parents bought these chairs when they moved into the first house I ever lived in (in 1988). They had them recovered in 1999 and they've been this fabric ever since. Needless to say, it's time for a change. I can't imagine how dirty the fabric actually is.
Current chair situation 

Super dark, but the fabric really doesn't go with the rest of our stuff.
Ideally, I'd move the chairs so that they're beside each other and then get two more chairs for across from them.

3. This bowl. I originally found it on One Kings Lane and almost bought it from there, but I really did not want to pay the $7.95 shipping. After a little googling, I found the exact same bowl on Amazon (which means free shipping!). I think it will be a great staple serving piece for years to come. 
4. I've been feeling overly tired lately plus a few other symptoms and I think I might have a gluten intolerance. I'm experimenting with not eating gluten for a few weeks to see if that helps any. Any recipes or tips you feel like sharing would be much appreciated! My hardest meal right now is breakfast because I normally eat some kind of granola or breakfast sandwich.

5. A puppy update. Brandon and I keep getting questions on when we're getting our dog, etc. so I thought it would be nice to address it all in one place. We've been on the wait list for this specific litter since January. The momma (Presley) was supposed to go into heat in May but is a little behind. This has happened once before and the breeder isn't concerned. They/we obviously want her to do everything in her own time so that she is as healthy as possible. At this point, if she were to get pregnant in August, we'd bring home a puppy for Christmas. 

We have most definitely gotten antsy and frustrated over the past few months, but we know that in His timing, everything is perfect. We really like the breeder that we have chosen and Presley & Damien makes incredible puppies. I know there are a lot of other options out there, but we are happy with this decision. We can't wait to share the news that Presley is expecting and other updates along the way, but until then, we're practicing our patience!
Presley with her last litter in 2014 (Brandon's boss' dog, Ellie is one of these pups!)

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Going gluten free is tough. I have been enjoying a fruit & yogurt parfait for breakfast with vanilla yogurt and fresh berries. Super easy and gluten free! Hope the timing works out with your little pup. I know waiting is the hardest part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutting out gluten is so tough. I have lots of family members with celiac and it's always an obstacle with meals. Good luck to you! Happy to find your blog through the linkup :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that bowl--so awesome that you found it on Amazon (love not paying for shipping!). And, I feel ya on the GF thing--I've been GF for a year-and-a-half now, and it is such an adjustment! I do a lot of smoothies and egg casseroles (or egg muffins)! I also love greek yogurt with a little agave nector, fruit, and nuts. And, there are some decent GF bagels out there in the freezer section if you're ever just needing something carby! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Follow Us