28 Weeks - Third Trimester

9:16 AM


28 weeks

How Far Along: 28 weeks + 1 day. Hello third trimester!

Baby’s size? A head of cauliflower or a chihuahua - these apps are weird. 16 inches and 2 1/2 lbs. He's growing!

Gender: Our precious boy!

Workouts: Doing pretty well with this. We've been going on lots of walks and I've been trying to do more of the barre3 prenatal workouts. They really are a great workout and it's nice to work my muscles again. I have my last prenatal yoga class this week and Brandon will come with me which will be fun!

Nursery: We've ordered sconces for either side of the windows. We've decided to go this route instead of a lamp on the dresser that he will most likely kick off one day. 

Need to order the fabric for the window treatment and crib skirt, have the prints framed. We'll also order a mattress and the mobile at some point.

Maternity clothes? Pants, most definitely. I can still get away with some of my non-maternity dresses and tops, but I think that ship is sailing quickly.  

Sleep: Pretty well. I'm definitely moving around a lot at night and getting up to go to the bathroom normally twice a night.

Best moment: Walking around Boston with Brandon on Saturday. We went to see the duckling statues at the Boston Public Garden and then bought the Make Way for Ducklings book before having a picnic in the park. It was a great day! Also loved my prenatal massage on Friday. They had a special set up so I could lay on my stomach (miss this so much!) and then they lifted the table so I could lay on my back too!

Movement: He's is starting to move around so much more and it's amazing. I've even been able to see him move on the outside. Such a miracle. We went to Million Dollar Quartet at DPAC with Brandon's law firm last week and baby boy LOVED Johnny Cash. He was moving around and kicking like crazy.

Food cravings: None really. Can't wait for real sushi and a Jersey Mikes sub post pregnancy 
Symptoms? Nothing too bad. Sometimes he'll get up under my left rib and that doesn't feel good, but I can normally push him down. Other than that, feeling pretty great and thankful for a smoother and less stressful second trimester.

Baby Goodies Acquired: Nothing new to report, but I'm sure that will change after our first baby shower this weekend. I can't wait to celebrate our sweet son with family and some of my oldest friends!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Follow Us